Next mods for Performance! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Next mods for Performance!

Alright, so I have a K&N CAI, SLP Loudmouth axleback exhuast and a Diablo Predator programmer. I have thought about adding LT Headers and a new shorty midpipe to my car for extra performance, but as it is my Daily I don't know if I want it to be that loud. What are some other Mods I can do to my car to add quick HP for around $1200 or less. Any requiring a tune are fine as a buddy of mine just opened up a shop with a dyno not far from me and will give me discount prices on tuning. I am open to anything and everything and would even like some thoughts on sound levels if I were to do LT Headers and a midpipe. Thanks!

Alex
AlexMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMcD
Alright, so I have a K&N CAI, SLP Loudmouth axleback exhuast and a Diablo Predator programmer. I have thought about adding LT Headers and a new shorty midpipe to my car for extra performance, but as it is my Daily I don't know if I want it to be that loud. What are some other Mods I can do to my car to add quick HP for around $1200 or less. Any requiring a tune are fine as a buddy of mine just opened up a shop with a dyno not far from me and will give me discount prices on tuning. I am open to anything and everything and would even like some thoughts on sound levels if I were to do LT Headers and a midpipe. Thanks!

Alex
I have long tubes its pretty loud but too me it sounds amazing around 4k An I heard adding ford racing manifold with some comp cams with bigger throttle body could see gains of 30+ HP I haven't done this yet but are my next mods just saving up for them
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I have longtubes with and o/r h on my dd. It's loud, but everyone just thinks you're a bad mother ****er. It's really not that bad. =D lol

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator

I have long tubes its pretty loud but too me it sounds amazing around 4k An I heard adding ford racing manifold with some comp cams with bigger throttle body could see gains of 30+ HP I haven't done this yet but are my next mods just saving up for them
Skip the TB
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom
I have longtubes with and o/r h on my dd. It's loud, but everyone just thinks you're a bad mother ****er. It's really not that bad. =D lol

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Skip the TB
I was going to skip it anyways I recently bought a new oem TB with the sensors cause I was having idle issues an cleaning it was helping car would stall out an its an Automatic
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator

I was going to skip it anyways I recently bought a new oem TB with the sensors cause I was having idle issues an cleaning it was helping car would stall out an its an Automatic
Ahh I see. Experts have told me that unless FI only your butt dyno registers aftermarket TBs lol
Old 11-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Put the LTs on it and just put chambered mufflers on. That's the only thing you can do on your budget to get that HP. Best mod there is imo.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
TrickFlow's Track Heat Intake Manni!.. 20+ hp with 75mm TB!..

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

No tune required but will benefit from one!..

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Lol just realized what year your car is!.. Check out Ford Racing Intake Manifold!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Skip the TB
Haha so what you're saying is I'll have girls trying to jump in my car?! Jk but as of now I like how mine sounds but if I do the exhaust I'm going to do LT's with a catted H, I don't like how raspy the O/R pipes are, but that's just my personal opinion.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:

Haha so what you're saying is I'll have girls trying to jump in my car?! Jk but as of now I like how mine sounds but if I do the exhaust I'm going to do LT's with a catted H, I don't like how raspy the O/R pipes are, but that's just my personal opinion.
Yes, you will indeed be showered with vagina. True story. Having the loudest mustang is like having the biggest dick. Until some ******* with nitrous shows up to the party.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
My ex girlfriend hates how loud my car is -_- She says it's obnoxious and her neighbors complain when Id leave her house at 2am

But ya some girls like it, I put my cats on for emission and I'm digging how quiet it is

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
My ex girlfriend hates how loud my car is -_- She says it's obnoxious and her neighbors complain when Id leave her house at 2am

But ya some girls like it, I put my cats on for emission and I'm digging how quiet it is
Insert ignorant comment about girls that don't like loud mustangs. Find em Finger em **** em while punching them in the back of the head. It's man law.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Haha, all her friends like it, idk maybe she did low key, she was a liberal hipster, so I was the stereotypical "bro" and I think she forced herself to hate it

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
Haha, all her friends like it, idk maybe she did low key, she was a liberal hipster, so I was the stereotypical "bro" and I think she forced herself to hate it
Liberal hipster...... -_- come on man! Lol. Those are the kind of people that I black smoke with old diesel trucks while they're riding their scooters lmao
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Liberal hipster...... -_- come on man! Lol. Those are the kind of people that I black smoke with old diesel trucks while they're riding their scooters lmao
Haha every time I pull up next to a Prius my RPM's "somehow" jump above 4k.. I guess my car wants to eat them
Old 11-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

Haha every time I pull up next to a Prius my RPM's "somehow" jump above 4k.. I guess my car wants to eat them
Lol
Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:

Ppl like that call ppl like us ******** lol
Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I put some under drive pullies and coils on my car. Not sure if it added power or not. Maybe a bit. But not much.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'd have your friend dyno it... Buy lca, springs, shocks an struts, gears.... All used of course but if you go this route you will see better gains than any other product/s that you could afford for $1200
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT