2005 GT - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07 View Post

I'm here for you Muscledom. You are welcome to use parts of that for motivational speaking if you want.

And Cummins is the only engine that is comparable to a 7.3, but... It's in a Dodge, thus you have 4x4 problems, electrical issues, plastic body... Etc. I'll probably own my 7.3 for the rest of my life.
Ya you're right about the electrical issues. But to the 4wd.
Mustang 4pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07

I'm here for you Muscledom. You are welcome to use parts of that for motivational speaking if you want.

And Cummins is the only engine that is comparable to a 7.3, but... It's in a Dodge, thus you have 4x4 problems, electrical issues, plastic body... Etc. I'll probably own my 7.3 for the rest of my life.
Ii loved my 7.3 . I don't know about now, but you used to be able to get the cummins in a Ford. I belive it was the f550 and up. The guys at navistar where the 7.3 was built ( I was an outside contractor) told me the power was cut back about 40% on the 7.3 because Ford couldn't keep a transmission in them. A simple turning of a screw got me the extra power, it also got me a huge transmission repair bill. I drive cummins for work and they are very strong, but I'd take a 7.3 over them any day.:........ As for the speach, call Obama, he could use your help.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #73
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07 View Post

Haha thanks, because I will! Dude I was sooo bummed last night. Thought I was gonna score one at the auction last night. 99 350 7.3 2wd megacab 198k. Not exactly what I want but I figured if the price was right, why not. Yea well the least they'd take was 7 grand. **** that. I'm lookin to get one for less than 4 lol. The search continues haha

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Ii loved my 7.3 . I don't know about now, but you used to be able to get the cummins in a Ford. I belive it was the f550 and up. The guys at navistar where the 7.3 was built ( I was an outside contractor) told me the power was cut back about 40% on the 7.3 because Ford couldn't keep a transmission in them. A simple turning of a screw got me the extra power, it also got me a huge transmission repair bill. I drive cummins for work and they are very strong, but I'd take a 7.3 over them any day.:........ As for the speach, call Obama, he could use your help.
Lmao that's awesome and blows all at once
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Get a manual an crank that f er up! Them cummins boys arnt getting 21mpg .
Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get a manual an crank that f er up! Them cummins boys arnt getting 21mpg .
That's why I have a manual. Their auto trans suck if you work them hard. My brother just rebuilt the manual trans on his 97 7.3. 240k miles of abuse and constant towing. He is REALLY rough on his trucks. Between the 2 of us, we have 3 7.3's. All with manual trans.

My clutch will probably go out soon, but that's because I've modded my truck and since I sold my car.... Well, I have to burn some rubber somehow ... It's just irresponsible of me to NOT have a Mustang.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07

That's why I have a manual. Their auto trans suck if you work them hard. My brother just rebuilt the manual trans on his 97 7.3. 240k miles of abuse and constant towing. He is REALLY rough on his trucks. Between the 2 of us, we have 3 7.3's. All with manual trans.

My clutch will probably go out soon, but that's because I've modded my truck and since I sold my car.... Well, I have to burn some rubber somehow ... It's just irresponsible of me to NOT have a Mustang.
Hate to hear no mustang. Hard times or are you looking to upgrade?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hate to hear no mustang. Hard times or are you looking to upgrade?
Well, I just got out of the Army and the job hunt isn't going great. Plus I really want to build a Fox. As soon as I get a job and a garage, I'll get another Mustang. If its a really good job, I'll get another S197, if not, I'll start building my Fox.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Good luck with the job hunt bro.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good luck with the job hunt bro.
Appreciate it man. I'm sure it'll all work out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT