American Muscle Hood Scoop - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
American Muscle Hood Scoop

Ok i bought the non functional hood scoop from american muscle. Don't get me wrong i love these guys but the fitment on this thing is horrible. Theres a gap in the front that makes it look cheap and dont belong there. So now i wasted 200.00 bucks and will be getting the holes in my hood filled and just will keep the stock look for now. Did anyone else experience this?
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Did you call them? They're pretty good about standing behind their products. Post some pics.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
You can see the gap im talking about in the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1410401665.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	443.2 KB
ID:	79189   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2571093309.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	461.1 KB
ID:	79190  

Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
Ok i bought the non functional hood scoop from american muscle. Don't get me wrong i love these guys but the fitment on this thing is horrible. Theres a gap in the front that makes it look cheap and dont belong there. So now i wasted 200.00 bucks and will be getting the holes in my hood filled and just will keep the stock look for now. Did anyone else experience this?
Hey,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue your experiencing. This sounds very odd because we've had great reviews on all of our Hood scoops. However, We will always bend over backwards for our customers so I'll make sure you're taken care of here. Shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll have my head CS Supervisor contact you directly. He'll get you set up with whatever you need, weather its a replacement, a credit etc..

I hope this helps! Hang in there, we'll get you squared away in no time.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
IanM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pickerington, Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 223
+1 for amazing customer service, well done.
__________________
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Virgo062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rossville
Region: Georgia
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
Ok i bought the non functional hood scoop from american muscle. Don't get me wrong i love these guys but the fitment on this thing is horrible. Theres a gap in the front that makes it look cheap and dont belong there. So now i wasted 200.00 bucks and will be getting the holes in my hood filled and just will keep the stock look for now. Did anyone else experience this?
My scoop was a different problem it didnt line up at all. Send them a picture and they will refund your money no problemo
Virgo062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Ok thanks i really wanted and followed the instructions to the T. So i was a little upset after seeing it didnt line up.
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tpost08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Hey,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue your experiencing. This sounds very odd because we've had great reviews on all of our Hood scoops. However, We will always bend over backwards for our customers so I'll make sure you're taken care of here. Shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll have my head CS Supervisor contact you directly. He'll get you set up with whatever you need, weather its a replacement, a credit etc..

I hope this helps! Hang in there, we'll get you squared away in no time.

-Dan
It's stuff like this that makes me only want to buy from y'all. Even though I havent done much buying yet. I will be buying from y'all in the future. Great customer support and willing to try and make us happy. Why can't y'all do part time work at Walmart. Lol
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
Ok thanks i really wanted and followed the instructions to the T. So i was a little upset after seeing it didnt line up.
We send out thousands of Hood scoops so unfortunately every once in a while a defective one can pop up. I'm really sorry that it happened to you! I've already sent this information over to my Best Customer Service Manager who will be contacting you directly this afternoon.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need any further assistance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
It's stuff like this that makes me only want to buy from y'all. Even though I havent done much buying yet. I will be buying from y'all in the future. Great customer support and willing to try and make us happy. Why can't y'all do part time work at Walmart. Lol
Thank you everyone for the kind words! I really appreciate it. However the real thanks goes out to you guys! Thank you for being the best customers and friends we could ask for.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
+1 AM has best customer service
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Thanks AM you guys will continue to get my money lol. They are sending me another scoop i guess a lot of them were bad.
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Thejustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: California
Posts: 43
I'm also never one to complain about American muscle, I love just about every proudest I've bought from there besides the hood scoop you're talking about. I've had the same issue, mine still sticks up a little bit and I've had it on for months. But I love the look and sacrifice it for the look.
Thejustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: California
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

We send out thousands of Hood scoops so unfortunately every once in a while a defective one can pop up. I'm really sorry that it happened to you! I've already sent this information over to my Best Customer Service Manager who will be contacting you directly this afternoon.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need any further assistance!

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I really appreciate it. However the real thanks goes out to you guys! Thank you for being the best customers and friends we could ask for.

-Dan
Ya you guys are great! I have spent a lot of money with you guys and every product has been perfect. Also awesome customer service!! I will continue to do business with you guys in the future!
__________________
Full Exhaust, Full Bolt Ons, Full Suspension and Much More..

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Now thats what im scared of that it might still have the gap they said it shouldn't do hopefully ill be good. But mine now has a huge gap and it was hard to ignore
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Thejustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: California
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
Now thats what im scared of that it might still have the gap they said it shouldn't do hopefully ill be good. But mine now has a huge gap and it was hard to ignore
I feel you man. I've thought about 3m taping it down.
Thejustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:54 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silversky545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,627
I tried like hell to get rid of my OEM hood w a scoop because I hate fake appearance mods lol u guys are going through hell trying to put one on ... Where were u guys when I was trying to trade someone lol
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
I tried like hell to get rid of my OEM hood w a scoop because I hate fake appearance mods lol u guys are going through hell trying to put one on ... Where were u guys when I was trying to trade someone lol
You still got it? Ill take it off your hands Haha i want a scoop.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #18
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
+1 AM has best customer service
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
Thanks AM you guys will continue to get my money lol. They are sending me another scoop i guess a lot of them were bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang23 View Post
Ya you guys are great! I have spent a lot of money with you guys and every product has been perfect. Also awesome customer service!! I will continue to do business with you guys in the future!
Thank you for the Kind words guys! We really appreciate all of your business and loyalty.

Let me know if any of you ever have any questions, need some assistance or just want to chat!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
austinmueller99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 81
Same thing happened to me this summer. It has pretty bad gaps in the front.
austinmueller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmueller99 View Post
Same thing happened to me this summer. It has pretty bad gaps in the front.
Did it get fixed with the new or did you just send it back
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
austinmueller99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post

Did it get fixed with the new or did you just send it back
I just lived with it. Because I didn't think they'd give me money back or anything. It doesn't look terrible but its noticeable for sure.
austinmueller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Thejustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: California
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Thank you for the Kind words guys! We really appreciate all of your business and loyalty.

Let me know if any of you ever have any questions, need some assistance or just want to chat!

-Dan
No no, thank you guys for all you do! You guys fuel the mustang love and addiction!
Thejustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
245ciPony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
I had that scoop on my white v6 and had the same issue. I swallowed my pride and lived with it because of the compliments I received out weighed the minor flaw in the fitment.
245ciPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
austinmueller99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 245ciPony View Post
I had that scoop on my white v6 and had the same issue. I swallowed my pride and lived with it because of the compliments I received out weighed the minor flaw in the fitment.
Yep same here. I'm putting on red racing stripes soon that will push the front down. You should get stripes of some kind
austinmueller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
245ciPony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmueller99 View Post

Yep same here. I'm putting on red racing stripes soon that will push the front down. You should get stripes of some kind
I have stripes on my new one and love them, not so much love for the factory hood scoop lol.
245ciPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
austinmueller99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 245ciPony View Post

I have stripes on my new one and love them, not so much love for the factory hood scoop lol.
Oh nice. I see that now. It looks good!
austinmueller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
245ciPony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 193
I really wanna see what the boss 429 scoop would look like on my car. I love the aggressive stance it has.
245ciPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by 245ciPony View Post
I had that scoop on my white v6 and had the same issue. I swallowed my pride and lived with it because of the compliments I received out weighed the minor flaw in the fitment.
Yeah they gave me another one but it still had the same problem so i just took a dremmel tool to it and problem solved now
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 230
I've only ordered from AM 4 or 5 times. Everything has been as described on their site. The only time I had an issue. Was because I didn't read full disclosure on a discount code. Even though I was wrong, the person I contacted gave me the discount. Their prices are competitive, and what price can you put on service?
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
rodrigo9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 105
Mines is the same way if I would had know they do that I would have given them a call:/
rodrigo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pattyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 48
I have the same problem . Your right it does look very cheep very poor thought in making this scoop not happy either
Pattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyboy View Post
I have the same problem . Your right it does look very cheep very poor thought in making this scoop not happy either
Yeah they sent me another one and it had the same issue i hope they redo the design but i took a drembel tool to it and its way better now
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 179
Send a message via AIM to Destination S19
The best one I've seen so far is the Roush hood scoop. I got it from Stage3 painted for $220 I think. No gap.



__________________

FRPP HotRods Cams / American Racing Headers Long Tubes with catted X / Stang-Hi dyno tune
Saleen wheels / Steeda CAI / Corsa Xtremes, K Springs, Koni STR.Ts, UMI lca relo. Brackets/r lwr ctrl arms UMI adj. panhard bar / Camber plates / SR Strut Tower Brace.
Destination S19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Wow that does look good
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #35
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
Yeah they sent me another one and it had the same issue i hope they redo the design but i took a drembel tool to it and its way better now
I'm sorry to hear that you had the same problem with the new scoop. We're looking into our inventory now to see if there were any problems with fitment. It's possible we got a bad batch from the manufacture but we'll stand behind any of the products we carry!

I'm glad to hear you got everything to fit perfectly though. Let me know if you have any further questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:07 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.