Mustang Evolution Forum banner

halo lights

4K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  08SteedaQ350 
#1 ·
Just wondering what peoples experiences with the aftermarket halo lights are. Ive been looking in to geting them from am. They look amazing r they bright enough ?

#2 ·
There about as bright as stock lights. There not HID bright in any way but they do look cool. I got them because I wanted a different look than the stock lights but I knew they wouldn't be too bright. Also make sure you silicone where the lense attaches to the housing all the way around the lense or else they will leak. They are known to leak and i didn't silicone mine and they leak pretty bad when it rains.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

The only thing you can do to make them a little brighter is upgrade the bulbs

#3 ·
There about as bright as stock lights. There not HID bright in any way but they do look cool. I got them because I wanted a different look than the stock lights but I knew they wouldn't be too bright. Also make sure you silicone where the lense attaches to the housing all the way around the lense or else they will leak. They are known to leak and i didn't silicone mine and they leak pretty bad when it rains.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

The only thing you can do to make them a little brighter is upgrade the bulbs
I got mine from AM and they're way brighter then stock and they look great, get compliments every time I turn them on, just don't get the cheap ones from eBay lol splurge and get raxium from AM

#4 ·
I have the Raxiom halo head and fogs for my 08. Purchased from AM. They look awesome. The money spent is well worth it.
As stated above, MAKE SURE YOU UPGRADE YOUR BULBS BEFORE INSTALLING THEM
I failed to do that, so now I have to wait for a nice day to change the bulbs, which requires me to pull the bumper....again and remove the housing.
The back of the headlight housing for the 05-09 raxiom halos headlights have a separate housing on the back that encapsulate the bulbs(weather proofing). Only way to access it is to remove the housing.
Check out my pics, you can see how they look in the different stages of the lights being turned on

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

The bulbs provided with the housings when purchased, no way provide sufficient enough lighting for night driving. They aren't bad, but definitely aren't good. I bought sylvania ultras $59.99 at Autozone, I believe they will do the trick

#14 ·
Talking about these 4 screws. But the top 2 are under the back lip of the core support once installed
I even talked to AM, they said that I have to pull the housings to get to the top 2 screws. We had a pretty good laugh at me not being smart enough to not upgrade the bulbs before I had them installed

But sylvania ultras should put out adequate lighting as opposed to what is provided with the housings

#15 ·
Ok thx! As long as they r just as bright as stock im happy. I just want the sweet looks lol

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Ok wait some say they arnt good enogh for night driving and some say they just as bright as stock.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.