What is the WIDEST WHEEL size on a 3v. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Graham1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tompkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 414
What is the WIDEST WHEEL size on a 3v.

Have always loved the look of a 12 inch or 13 in slick under a mustang.. But can't find any info on how big the wheel can possibly be. Would love to get an 11 or 12 inch wide wheel.
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Graham1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tompkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 414
Not one person wants a wider wheel?
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Dude if you go wider than a 10 it's gonna slow you down. For what you have goin on I wouldn't go wider than a 9 with a 285. Just my 2 cents. I was talking to a guy with a Mach at the track and he said that when he went from stock rims to 18" staggered he lost .4, which is a ****load.
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Graham1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tompkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom
Dude if you go wider than a 10 it's gonna slow you down. For what you have goin on I wouldn't go wider than a 9 with a 285. Just my 2 cents. I was talking to a guy with a Mach at the track and he said that when he went from stock rims to 18" staggered he lost .4, which is a ****load.
I have a different set of rims for the track lol and I want that car show look on the street. I already have 10'a in the back too.
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pierson
Region: Florida
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1992 View Post

I have a different set of rims for the track lol and I want that car show look on the street. I already have 10'a in the back too.
No doubt. I just got a set of 15s myself. You might have to get mini tubbed
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Graham1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tompkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom

No doubt. I just got a set of 15s myself. You might have to get mini tubbed
I would do it. Anybody know any sites where I can find 11 or 12 inch wide wheels??
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
BaSohol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1992 View Post

I would do it. Anybody know any sites where I can find 11 or 12 inch wide wheels??
There is a shop in Texas that can widen any wheel, I'll look for it
__________________

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1992 View Post

I would do it. Anybody know any sites where I can find 11 or 12 inch wide wheels??
Billet specialties will make u a custom set for ur car
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Graham1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tompkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford

Billet specialties will make u a custom set for ur car
How do I go about asking? Call/email? And do you know of any forum that a person has done this?
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:31 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1992 View Post

How do I go about asking? Call/email? And do you know of any forum that a person has done this?
My dad has em on his car he bought em from there booth at rod run but go to their site and u can call or email
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1625518522.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	535.2 KB
ID:	81560  
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
05bluestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 121
I am running a 18" x 10" wide in the back (Godspeed Omega) which I am getting widened to 11.5" down the road (Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration). Right now I am running 315/35-18 Toyo TQ drag radials on them but propably will go to 335's once I get them widened. Most likely have to remove the shock boots and maybe the bump stops and recolcate the sway bay (like for the 15" drag rims). The 315's fit on a 10" wide wheel without issues if you are just looking for a wider tire, they they do stick out about 1/8".

There is a guy on another forum that did his Roush wheels http://www.modularfords.com/f79/dimo...ration-185207/

HTH

(BTW, the pic below is old, dont have them wheels on it anymore)
__________________
2005 Mustang GT, Pacesetter LT's with OR H-pipe, "Magna Pack" exhaust, Techco SC @ 9psi making 464whp & 449tq, steeda tri-ax shifter, 3D Carbon Eleanor Grill, Pioneer F90BT, FRPP 3.73 gears.
Get in, sit down, strap in, hold on, shut up!
05bluestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Graham1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tompkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05bluestang
I am running a 18" x 10" wide in the back (Godspeed Omega) which I am getting widened to 11.5" down the road (Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration). Right now I am running 315/35-18 Toyo TQ drag radials on them but propably will go to 335's once I get them widened. Most likely have to remove the shock boots and maybe the bump stops and recolcate the sway bay (like for the 15" drag rims). The 315's fit on a 10" wide wheel without issues if you are just looking for a wider tire, they they do stick out about 1/8".

There is a guy on another forum that did his Roush wheels http://www.modularfords.com/f79/dimo...ration-185207/

HTH

(BTW, the pic below is old, dont have them wheels on it anymore)
Wow. If I could just have MINE widened then I would shut up. Just need a freshen up. Clear coat is getting chalky and have weird "spots" on them. They do paint and clear coat as well?
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Graham1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tompkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 414
Well guys I've talked to a few companies, white line performance sent me over to vorshlog and they sent me to another place, they're all gonna help me put this little hobby to work. I only would need a sway bar and to relocate that new sway bar. I really think I'm gonna do it.
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
05bluestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1992 View Post
Wow. If I could just have MINE widened then I would shut up. Just need a freshen up. Clear coat is getting chalky and have weird "spots" on them. They do paint and clear coat as well?
Sorry, haven't been around for a while....
No, they only do repairs and widening, no painting or powder coating.

HTH
__________________
2005 Mustang GT, Pacesetter LT's with OR H-pipe, "Magna Pack" exhaust, Techco SC @ 9psi making 464whp & 449tq, steeda tri-ax shifter, 3D Carbon Eleanor Grill, Pioneer F90BT, FRPP 3.73 gears.
Get in, sit down, strap in, hold on, shut up!
05bluestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.