Please help. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Please help.

So I noticed just now that my car shakes/ shimmies when I let the clutch out at low speed and light throttle, the car has never done this and now this is a few times in a row. This has me worried, any ideas would be great, the car has 10,000 miles on her and I don't beat the crap out it and she is well maintained. It's a 10 GT I don't think she should be doing this. Please help.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Kinda hard to diagnose over the net. Does the clutch pulse? Or is the whole car shaking?
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It's under warranty, take it in.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom View Post
Kinda hard to diagnose over the net. Does the clutch pulse? Or is the whole car shaking?
It feels like its coming from the drive tran, I would best describe it as if when you see some 18 wheelers starting from a stop and that shake that it makes, almost like a hesitation. It's tuff to describe it happens when the clutch is mid way threw engaging like its having a hard time grabbing the gear. The car runs extremely strong so I don't think it's hesitation it just feels like it for a second if you know what I mean, like as if where not grabbing right.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicDave View Post

It feels like its coming from the drive tran, I would best describe it as if when you see some 18 wheelers starting from a stop and that shake that it makes, almost like a hesitation. It's tuff to describe it happens when the clutch is mid way threw engaging like its having a hard time grabbing the gear. The car runs extremely strong so I don't think it's hesitation it just feels like it for a second if you know what I mean, like as if where not grabbing right.
And no pulse in the clutch.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

10k on it and you've had nothing but problems from that car. Drive that lemon into a wall and claim that b****.
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS06GT
10k on it and you've had nothing but problems from that car. Drive that lemon into a wall and claim that b****.
^ agree with this guy.
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmmmm that sucks man, hope you get it worked out. Mine has done the same thing but only after it has sat for a few days and I go to take off. Its almost like its got clutch dust or moisture on it but then it goes away. It could also be warped from heat but you would also notice slipping and stuff like that, but you said you aren't hard on it.
gmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT