Opinions on hidden fog light grille - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Opinions on hidden fog light grille

I really like the 2 eyed look but I love lighting up all 4 lights at night. And I think it would look really nice on my white GT/CS (old photo attached) but just want some opinions before I pull the trigger. I want to black out the hidden fogs to make it blend with the black grille and I'd probably add a tri-bar pony emblem. I also plan on doing the GT500 front splitter (like in the bottom car's photos) but I want to focus on the grille first. I dont think I would move the fog lights closer to each other like in the attached photo though (courtesy and thanks to the people who posted these photos of their cars in the first place).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hidden fogs combine.jpg
Views:	1599
Size:	737.7 KB
ID:	82884   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2881.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	82885  

Upcoming: GT500 Supercharger (Department of Boost), 19" Koko Kuture Sardinia-5 Wheels, etc.
GT Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
The black out would look awesome on yours for sure.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Gone View Post
I really like the 2 eyed look but I love lighting up all 4 lights at night. And I think it would look really nice on my white GT/CS (old photo attached) but just want some opinions before I pull the trigger. I want to black out the hidden fogs to make it blend with the black grille and I'd probably add a tri-bar pony emblem. I also plan on doing the GT500 front splitter (like in the bottom car's photos) but I want to focus on the grille first. I dont think I would move the fog lights closer to each other like in the attached photo though (courtesy and thanks to the people who posted these photos of their cars in the first place).
i say go for it! i love the way that roush's front end looks. I like how the fog lights are hidden during the day behind a good looking grille. but at night, BAM!
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Nice Stang!! I think it would look awesome especially on a white Mustang! I've not paid to much attention to it until just now.
I think l may have to do that to my pony! It would give it a whole new look! It would look sick!
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys, I'm think I'm going to order it today! My only concern is the brightness of the fogs, but I think I might install HID fogs one day to compensate for the black out fogs lamps.

Upcoming: GT500 Supercharger (Department of Boost), 19" Koko Kuture Sardinia-5 Wheels, etc.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Thanks guys, I'm think I'm going to order it today! My only concern is the brightness of the fogs, but I think I might install HID fogs one day to compensate for the black out fogs lamps.
I tinted my fog lights. I like the look a lot, but not near as bright as before. I think the look is well worth it.
Vistablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
I still have some blackout tints that I'd used on my fog lights before I went with a bullitt grille and got rid of them - I like the look blacked out way better than having the fogs stand out in the grille

Previously:
Old 12-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly! I plan on blacking the hell out of them though, just like the black Mustang in the photo I attached on my first post. Just ordered the grille!

Old 12-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Exactly! I plan on blacking the hell out of them though, just like the black Mustang in the photo I attached on my first post. Just ordered the grille!
That's very cool if you want to keep the fogs for night driving! Personally I don't feel a need for that based on all the street lights around / I don't drive my car that often at night (except home from the track) etc I dropped my factory grille for a bullitt grille minus the fogs and am very happy with it, no outlines, no nothing.. just gone - Here's my grille now:

Old 12-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

That will look sick
Old 12-28-2012, 04:02 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I think you should do your own thing instead of just doing what everyone else is doing.
mustang06gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Do it.
03fastblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I actually like the look of the fog lights. I think it adds some style
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang06gt View Post
I think you should do your own thing instead of just doing what everyone else is doing.
+1 but i mean if its what he wants to do then be should do it. that doesn't mean he's doing what everyone else is
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Well technically I am doing my own thing considering no one around here has a GT/CS with the hidden fogs. I'm trying to separate it from the other GT/CS mustangs around here and I think this'll do it. The front splitter that I want just looks sportier to me, and that black GT in the picture just happens to have both the splitter and the grille I want.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Where would one find the grille for hidden fog lights? I love the look!
Shadow322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Well I ordered from DG customs, who makes the hidden fog light grille but I ordered it on the 27th of DECEMBER and still haven't gotten it, nor have I gotten a shipping order. They billed us on the 31st for $174.95 but never gave me a shipping order or anything else. I emailed them, no response. I called them, their phones were down for whatever reason. I'm not even sure if I want to hide my fogs anymore if I'm paying around $175 for nothing. If anything, get it from another website. It's still DG customs who makes the grille, but I've seen retailers like Stage 3 Motorsports have them for like $180. Another place has it for $200, and I would rather pay that than to pay $175 with no idea when/if I'm getting the damned thing.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I want put a Gt bumper on my 2012 v6, then put a new grille with fog lights behind. I know i will probably have to make custom brackets though.
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT