UMI performance? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
UMI performance?

i Was looking around and found a UMI Performance single adjustable panhard bar for about 99 bucks. anyone ever have any experience with this company or know if they're any good?
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
They are a good. But I would steer you away from the phb because I do not believe it is "on car" adjustable. I think you need to take it off to adjust it which is a PIA.
MavyMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavyMav
They are a good. But I would steer you away from the phb because I do not believe it is "on car" adjustable. I think you need to take it off to adjust it which is a PIA.
Ah, i see. Im going to try and figure that out. Thanks for the heads up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I've dealt with them before, they make good stuff. Everything they make is top quality, at least from what I've seen it is. I had a set of sub-frame connectors from them on my previous car. They only use American steel and everything they make in house in Pennsylvania.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm running some parts from them. Great quality stuff. Only downside was shipping took a while.
BCS06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #6

Region: Florida
UMI Performance has good products. However, you should support your forum sponsors!!

Both American Muscle and CJ Pony Parts sell products from BMR Suspension. CJ Pony Parts even runs BMR Suspension products on both of their NMRA Super Stang drag race cars (including the car they used to beat me in the first round at NMRA Columbus this past year...OUCH!!).

15% Off Sale right now for BMR Suspension parts. With free shipping from your forum sponsors, you can probably get an ON-CAR adjustable panhard rod for close to the price of that single adjustable bar that you were looking at.

Both forum sponsors keep BMR Suspension products in stock, so shipping should be quick.

Regardless of which manufacturer or which retailer you use, you will be happier with the ON-CAR adjustable panhard rod.
BMR Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the help everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Teach View Post
UMI Performance has good products. However, you should support your forum sponsors!!

Both American Muscle and CJ Pony Parts sell products from BMR Suspension. CJ Pony Parts even runs BMR Suspension products on both of their NMRA Super Stang drag race cars (including the car they used to beat me in the first round at NMRA Columbus this past year...OUCH!!).

15% Off Sale right now for BMR Suspension parts. With free shipping from your forum sponsors, you can probably get an ON-CAR adjustable panhard rod for close to the price of that single adjustable bar that you were looking at.

Both forum sponsors keep BMR Suspension products in stock, so shipping should be quick.

Regardless of which manufacturer or which retailer you use, you will be happier with the ON-CAR adjustable panhard rod.
ill definitely check out BMR products! and yeah, im for sure going to get an on car adjustable. thanks for the info!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I had an adjustable Panhard bar from Competition Engineering that had Heim joints at each end. The thing made EVERY bump on the road a noise symphony...it sounded like someone was shooting double-ought buck at the bottom of the car. Make sure your bar has the polyurethane bushings to quell some of the road noise...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT