o/r h-pipe with flowmaster - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #1

Region: Tennessee
o/r h-pipe with flowmaster

i just ordered Brenspeed Pypes o/r h-pipe. just wondering if anyone has or heard of this pipe with flowmasters, if so how do you like em or how does it sound. also thinking about getting a set of short headers also. will this give me a awesome sound with o/r h-pipe and headers over o/r h-pipe and factory headers.
badboy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 05RedDevil
Re: o/r h-pipe with flowmaster

Well, it will definitely be loud with the O/R set-up.
Also, never waste your time with shorty headers. The installation is a ***** if you do it yourself and relatively expensive if you get it done. Also, there is almost no power gain. The only advantage shorty headers give you over the stock manifolds is that they are lighter weight.
If you do get headers, get long tubes and make sure they are ceramic coated.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #3

thanks for that info about short headers. 05RedDevil what else would add great sound to my stand other than o/r h-pipe and cold air intake. i have an 05gt auto (wish it was a stick).im really not aiming for more speed, i mean its not my goal because i dont race but i do get into it every now and then on the e-way. i just enjoy the sound of aggression but if more hp & torque comes with mods i do welcome it if you get my picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

For now, just throw on your new midpipe and see how you like the sound then that will determine what else you may be interested in.
Do you already have CAI ?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #5

no. gonna order one in about 2 weeks. You got sum info on those that will be helpful?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

If you are already getting the exhaust from Brenspeed, just call them up tomorrow and ask them their preference for CAI for your model.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #7

05RedDevil you were right. I installed the o/r h-pipe and it was so much louder. got compliments from all kinds of people and really good ones from other stang owners. im cool with that sound but i cant imagine how much louder it would be if i installed short headers but it does seem like it may be a pain to install by myself. im gonna order my tuner this week. i noticed that Brenspeed doesnt advertise the SCT Xcalibrator 3 but they advertise the SCT Xcalibrator 2 Tuner. Whats the big difference? And which is more felt Tuner and CAI or Tuner and Pullies?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:31 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

I'm running an offroad H pipe with my flowmasters dumped at the back axel. Granted, I'm running a 5.0 and for those, flowmasters sound good. If your running a new edge or newer stang, try to go with a newer brand... magnaflow, borla, bassani.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #9

Cajun JungleBoy why u say go with a different brand like magnaflow, borla, etc.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

What year vehicle are you in, and what size engine?

If your are in a 95 and older vehicle, with the v8 engines, chokemasters are not a bad choice. Little more restrictive, and gets the car sounding really nice.

If you are in a 96+ model, Borla/Bassani/Magnaflows sound very good.

Also, jump on with an Offroad X pipe. H pipe will give you a deeper tone, but the X is more of a get in your face loud.

I'm running flowmasters, but im in a 94 GT with a 5.0 in it, so it has a nice rumble. Especially with the cam. Purevenom's cobra, is amazing sounding with an offroad X and borla stingers.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #11

i have an 05 GT. i had a 2000 gt with o/r X and flows that was sweet and loud but i always wanted deep and loud if you get my drift. the x seems high in tone but does sound good but it seems more people are leaning towards X so its kinda in me to be different. what are you opinions on headers. i have the pypes o/r H
Old 06-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #12
Road Trip!

You'll need to talk with someone else on header department. I'm running the mullet famous, Hooker shorty headers on the GT
Old 06-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Send a message via AIM to braumab Send a message via MSN to braumab

I have an X-Pipe ... Yeah, it's pretty high in tone ... and down right sexy. Kinda makes me wanna take my clothes off. I have long tube headers with it and my cadilitic converters or however the crap it's spelt are cut off ... (us Arkansas folk get to do that). So, needless to say, ITS LOUD!!! But dude, you should consider the tuneable intake with that seup. I mean, OH MY GOSH!

I don't have an opinion on H-Pipes. I've been around them my whole life and just not got exposed to X-Pipes a year back ... so, that may be why i like them so much.

05 Stang to the Bang! X-Pipe, Headers, Stage 2 Roush Kit, Tuner, JBA Exhaust and about a million and 4 Horsepower.
braumab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Shorty headers are a waste. Install is a ***** on the 05+ for headers. The only gain from shorties is that they are ligher weight. You need to save up and go for long tubes if you do go for headers. Install cost is the same if you have it done. (The long tubes will require a shorter midpipe)
Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Send a message via AIM to braumab Send a message via MSN to braumab

...yeah! i don't claim that reddevil has any idea what he's talking about, but I agree.

05 Stang to the Bang! X-Pipe, Headers, Stage 2 Roush Kit, Tuner, JBA Exhaust and about a million and 4 Horsepower.
braumab is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT