What gas should I put in my 2007 Mustang GT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What gas should I put in my 2007 Mustang GT?

i have an automatic 07 stang and was wondering what type of octane i should be putting into it, i usually put 89.
Also, on the gas cap it says
"FORD RECOMMENDS bp BEYOND PETROLEUM", which is what they sell at Arco....should i keep putting 89 at arco or will chevron,76,shell be better, Help...what i want to know is which will last longer and be best for my engine
cedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Ford just recommends BP gas cause they are company partner it doesnt matter what octane it is really unless u have like a supercharger on it then u need like 91+ but if its close 2 stock then 87 unleaded is fine!
iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ford recommends regular unleaded (87 octane) do not use anything higher it does not help performance. Octane rating is the resistance to burn, the higher the octane is the slower the fuel burns, high octane is good for higher compression motors(so it does not detonate under the heat of compression), if you use too high of an octane you will lose gas mileage and performance. The brand does not matter as much there is only one company that refines petroleum and that Exxon/Mobil and all gas stations use there petroleum.
huntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

87 dude, period.

You only run above 87 if you run a supercharger,turbo or nitrous, or other custom setup which alters your engine timing....thus requires higher octane.

There are some regular cars out there that require above 87....i believe some BMW's, Mercedes and mostly imports.

You NEED to read the users manual, it will tell you 87 octane.

Using above 87 on your stock motor IS A WASTE OF MONEY.
It won't burn any cleaner, the point of higher octane is to spread the fuel molecules farther apart, so it burns slower on motors that require it.

You can damage your motor with higher octane gas by excessive engine "pinging", so if you've been getting pinging, STOP using higher octane...(you shouldn't be using it anyways)
ighneachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

i use at least 91 octane. shell v-power has 93 octane and burns clean ,and hop's a bit quicker in both my cars.
keeps the plugs and just a bit cleaner "burn".
peace
donnachadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

87 octane is what is recommended, and what your car's engine is tuned for. Running Plus or Premium is a waste of money UNLESS you get a new chip, or re-program yours.
skah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

BP really stands for British Petroleum they just use beyond to try and appeal to more people. You can use any brand.
ighneachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Hilium/LPG.... Otherwise put petrol which can be 91 or 98
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

diesel
deshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Choosing the right fuel
Use only UNLEADED fuel or UNLEADED fuel blended with a maximum
of 10% ethyl alcohol. Your vehicle was not designed to run on E85 fuels that are blended with a maximum of 85% ethyl alcohol. The use of leaded fuel is prohibited by law and could damage your vehicle. Do not use fuel containing methanol. It can damage critical fuel system
components.
Your vehicle was not designed to use fuel or fuel additives with metallic
compounds, including manganese-based additives. Studies indicate that these additives can cause your vehicle’s emission control system to deteriorate more rapidly. In Canada, premium grade fuel generally
contains more metallic additives than regular grade fuel. We recommend using regular grade fuel. In Canada, many fuels contain metallic additives, but fuels free of such additives may be available; check with your local fuel dealer.
Repairs to correct the effects of using a fuel for which your vehicle was
not designed may not be covered by your warranty.
2007 05+ Mustang (197)
Owners Guide (post-2002-fmt)
USA (fus)
Maintenance and Specifications
Octane recommendations
Your vehicle is designed to use “Regular” unleaded gasoline with
pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87. We do not recommend the use of
gasolines labeled as “Regular” that are sold with octane ratings of 86 or lower in high altitude areas.
Do not be concerned if your engine sometimes knocks lightly. However, if it knocks heavily under most driving conditions while you are using fuel with the recommended octane rating, see your authorized dealer to prevent any engine damage.
Fuel quality If you are experiencing starting, rough idle or hesitation driveability problems, try a different brand of unleaded gasoline. “Premium” unleaded gasoline is not recommended for vehicles designed to use “Regular” unleaded gasoline because it may cause these problems to become more pronounced. If the problems persist, see your authorized dealer.
Do not add aftermarket fuel additive products to your fuel tank. It
should not be necessary to add any aftermarket products to your fuel
tank if you continue to use high quality fuel of the recommended octane rating. These products have not been approved for your engine and could cause damage to the fuel system. Repairs to correct the effects of using an aftermarket product in your fuel may not be covered by your warranty.
Many of the world’s automakers approved the World-wide Fuel Charter
that recommends gasoline specifications to provide improved
performance and emission control system protection for your vehicle.
Gasolines that meet the World-wide Fuel Charter should be used when
available. Ask your fuel supplier.
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

try diesel
corcoran is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
2007 mustang