MODS MODS MODS! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

MODS MODS MODS!

Nothing but excitement over here! For Christmas i got JBA long tubes to put on my car! After weeks of waiting i am putting everything on next Friday and Saturday.

Along with my headers i also bought Prothane Bullet Motor Mounts, JBA Off-Road matching H Pipe, CHE K-Member Brace w/ Torque Limiters, and A SCT Tuner!!

I hope it makes my car night and day difference, not just with power but also rigidity and stability! I already have Borla Stingers, Hurst Short throw(Will be going with MGW in the short short future!!!), and BBK CAI. I hope everything just syncs perfectly and makes a brand new car.

In a few weeks I'm taking her to my local speed shop for a solid dyno tune. I really hope i get over 300RWHP(even if its 300.1RWHP). I know its a long shot but we all have to have a goal! But I will be posting dyno sheets in a few weeks for future mustang enthusiast to see what mods can make what power!
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Good luck with the Dyno Tune!

MOTM winner May 2015 "Best mods Mustang". Please View my Garage for complete details on modifications.
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
You are going to see a big change in the feel of your car and you will see right at 300WHP give or take. Those changes that you are making all at once will give you a nice permagrin. On my 07 I did CAI,race tune,Kooks LTs,HF cats all at once and it was night and day. I did have 4.10s though so that helped the butt dyno a ton. Are you running stock gears?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
You are going to see a big change in the feel of your car and you will see right at 300WHP give or take. Those changes that you are making all at once will give you a nice permagrin. On my 07 I did CAI,race tune,Kooks LTs,HF cats all at once and it was night and day. I did have 4.10s though so that helped the butt dyno a ton. Are you running stock gears?
How much of a difference did the 4.10's make?
Gabesayegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabesayegh View Post

How much of a difference did the 4.10's make?
The 4.10s will wake the car up. There definitely worth it

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang23 View Post

The 4.10s will wake the car up. There definitely worth it
Hard to Install?
Gabesayegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabesayegh View Post

Hard to Install?
If you have to ask! Pay to get them installed, it's like 250-400 for the labor

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Yes i have stock 3.31 in the car.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

PARTS HAVE FINALLY CAME IN!!!!
Just waiting until Friday to get under the car and get to work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0553.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	1,015.5 KB
ID:	85994  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
DYNO

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197Miller View Post
PARTS HAVE FINALLY CAME IN!!!!
Just waiting until Friday to get under the car and get to work!
Take your Tuner with you when you go for the Dyno Tune. Maybe they can do a Custom Tune for you while your there.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
If you have to ask! Pay to get them installed, it's like 250-400 for the labor
Gears are not easy. If they are not done PERFECT they will whine. Even with experience, people often get them done elsewhere. Labor is often way more than that even at cheap shops. Not to say it can't be done well for cheap.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Gears are not easy. If they are not done PERFECT they will whine. Even with experience, people often get them done elsewhere. Labor is often way more than that even at cheap shops. Not to say it can't be done well for cheap.
Look around and call places, I'm on a Chicagoland mustang forum and there's a performance shop that advertises on it and does gears for 300, that's where I went cause his experience and skill level is going to be unmatched, but most other shops I called was 400-500

Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Look around and call places, I'm on a Chicagoland mustang forum and there's a performance shop that advertises on it and does gears for 300, that's where I went cause his experience and skill level is going to be unmatched, but most other shops I called was 400-500
Yes. 500 was about what I got quoted without axle installation. I have since then done my own because with tax and other bs, it was just expensive lol. I got quoted under 1k for a few places as well. Mainly between 400 and 500 without axles.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes. 500 was about what I got quoted without axle installation. I have since then done my own because with tax and other bs, it was just expensive lol. I got quoted under 1k for a few places as well. Mainly between 400 and 500 without axles.
Ya I've done my own in the past, it's not hard just don't have the time nowadays and 300 out the door is a steal lol the last gear I did was in my Lincoln with IRS so I just got a junkyard pumpkin and built it up on the bench

Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Finished up the headers and chassis parts yesterday. it was literally an all day job to do it by myself. I ran into a few snags that delayed the progress a lot. All day was like two steps forward and one step back.

The car sounds like sex! This is my third exhaust setup and I am finally more then pleased with the sound! The motor mounts and K-Member brace really helped plant the power and keep everything straight. Shifting second to third is a completely different feeling. Could not be more pleased.
Also the vibrations in the car are DEFINITELY noticeable. its going to take some getting use to. it makes me feel like i driving a race car with all of the shake and vibes lol.

Now for the downside. The tune I was sent from Bama could really use some tweaking. Sometimes just sitting there the idle will go down to less then 500RPM, and i feel like I'm not getting all my power out of my headers. My dyno tune will surely fix these problems though, just don't have that money to spend right now.

Other then that i could not be more happy with this!!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Finished up the headers and chassis parts yesterday. it was literally an all day job to do it by myself. I ran into a few snags that delayed the progress a lot. All day was like two steps forward and one step back.

The car sounds like sex! This is my third exhaust setup and I am finally more then pleased with the sound! The motor mounts and K-Member brace really helped plant the power and keep everything straight. Shifting second to third is a completely different feeling. Could not be more pleased.
Also the vibrations in the car are DEFINITELY noticeable. its going to take some getting use to. it makes me feel like i driving a race car with all of the shake and vibes lol.

Now for the downside. The tune I was sent from Bama could really use some tweaking. Sometimes just sitting there the idle will go down to less then 500RPM, and i feel like I'm not getting all my power out of my headers. My dyno tune will surely fix these problems though, just don't have that money to spend right now.

Other then that i could not be more happy with this!!
Get a retune from bama. I had my best times on bama tunes vs many people on dyno tunes.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 01-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get a retune from bama. I had my best times on bama tunes vs many people on dyno tunes.
if i request a new tune from them and i tell them what mods i have wont i get the same tune?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

if i request a new tune from them and i tell them what mods i have wont i get the same tune?
Tell them the car drives like **** and to go over the whole tune and make adjustments

And Bori I wouldn't rate a tune compared to others 1/4 time that's insanely inaccurate

Old 01-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not necessarily. Tell them the issues you are having, not the email request, but rather a tune after you've told them your problem over the phone. The tune may be essentially the same but they will help you troubleshoot the issues. Which could easily be in the tune.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Tell them the car drives like **** and to go over the whole tune and make adjustments

And Bori I wouldn't rate a tune compared to others 1/4 time that's insanely inaccurate
On the contrary. 1/4 mile times is the ONLY accurate scale for which to identify a tunes effectiveness. NOT a dyno. Independent of its quality factor.

If the tune does not translate into a good time relative to the factors on the slip, it isn't a good tune. There is NO other way to "gauge" how good it is.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not necessarily. Tell them the issues you are having, not the email request, but rather a tune after you've told them your problem over the phone. The tune may be essentially the same but they will help you troubleshoot the issues. Which could easily be in the tune.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

On the contrary. 1/4 mile times is the ONLY accurate scale for which to identify a tunes effectiveness. NOT a dyno. Independent of its quality factor.

If the tune does not translate into a good time relative to the factors on the slip, it isn't a good tune. There is NO other way to "gauge" how good it is.
But you have driver mod and weather to take into account, driver being the biggest factor

Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But you have driver mod and weather to take into account, driver being the biggest factor
correct. But we know what is to be expected and what a slip translates into. Then you factor in weather. If he ran a 13.9 @ 106 with a 2.3 60 foot in 110 degree weather, the tune was great and the driver mod is what is left to fix. Get me?

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 02-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

So I finally got the car dynoed today. And I'm thinking the numbers are pretty dang good if not a little high. It was on a dyno jet and the weather was almost perfect. First pass was 311.87rwhp with a 14.3 average airfuel ratio. After some fuel added and a little more timing, Third pass ended up being 310.82rwhp and 331.7 ft/lbs torque. And the car runs way smoother then the tune from bama. I'm not dogging them but I was having problems with their tune even after a few retunes and data logs. All in all I'm extremely pleases with strictly performances work!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
So I finally got the car dynoed today. And I'm thinking the numbers are pretty dang good if not a little high. It was on a dyno jet and the weather was almost perfect. First pass was 311.87rwhp with a 14.3 average airfuel ratio. After some fuel added and a little more timing, Third pass ended up being 310.82rwhp and 331.7 ft/lbs torque. And the car runs way smoother then the tune from bama. I'm not dogging them but I was having problems with their tune even after a few retunes and data logs. All in all I'm extremely pleases with strictly performances work!
Mine dynoed 325hp 325ft/pd
Mark221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark221 View Post

Mine dynoed 325hp 325ft/pd
What's your mods?
Alonzo.dargan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo.dargan1 View Post

What's your mods?
Jlt cai electric water pump 1 3/4 long tube headers 3" exhaust. 4:10 gears. Plus suspension
Old 02-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
sounds like you got your moneys wort. If feels great when that happens.
Jedimindtricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimindtricks View Post
sounds like you got your moneys wort. If feels great when that happens.
I have a great tuner too the guy really knows his ****
Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark221 View Post

Jlt cai electric water pump 1 3/4 long tube headers 3" exhaust. 4:10 gears. Plus suspension
Nice
Alonzo.dargan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo.dargan1 View Post

Nice
Thanks. Putting a blower on it this year so it should be real nice

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT