Hidden fog light grille installed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Hidden fog light grille installed!

Got the grille installed! It just came in the mail 3 days ago so apparently they did ship it, but it really was a pain having absolutely no way to contact them about my order. No shipping order, no one answered the phone, no emails, etc. I recommend that if you get this grille, you get it from another retailer. There was another retailer that had it for $5 more, but I guarantee you it'll probably ship to your house faster with much better customer service.

It took us 3 hours but we were also working on two other cars (GTO and S14) so we had a pretty serious Saturday. It killed me a bit inside to drill into the car itself, but the holes are small and you dont really see them. Just knowing it though hurts. We did have a problem where we were marking areas for holes and one happened to be a little off so we had to redrill, but you cant see it anyway. And if you ever get another grille, it'd probably be even easier to cover it up. It's a nice grille though, I love it.

Now, I bought this particular grille for a reason, which was to hide the fogs but allow the 4 eyed look during the night. So tinting the absolute crap out of them was what I was aiming for. The functionality? Absolutely none! The fogs previously widened my visibility but now I cant even tell when they're on unless I know they're on. But I plan to counter back with putting on HID fogs. Probably gonna go with 4300K because I like the white color that my stock HIDs have (although I'm not too sure how the tint will make it look, I want it to best match the headlights in any way possible). The tint is a little glossy because one of my friends had the idea to glossify my fogs so it's a shinier and due to that, it bubbled up a bit and it stands out a bit more than it should. I also plan to plastidip the white areas that you can still see (after taping off other parts of the car and putting newspaper everywhere) so it blends more.

One problem I have is that the radiator cover doesnt fit properly. The front panels cant go down because the fog brackets are in the way. Not a 'real' problem or anything that concerns me too much, but it is a little annoying. I might even take it off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2312[3].jpg
Views:	416
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	85519   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2480[1].jpg
Views:	439
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	85520  

Name:	IMG_1749[1].jpg
Views:	423
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	85521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2481[1].jpg
Views:	1602
Size:	1,007.6 KB
ID:	85522  

Name:	IMG_2482[1].jpg
Views:	298
Size:	1,007.4 KB
ID:	85524   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2465[1].JPG
Views:	366
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	85525  

Upcoming: GT500 Supercharger (Department of Boost), 19" Koko Kuture Sardinia-5 Wheels, etc.
GT Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Looks really good, what's the name of the retailer you suggest for that grill and are you able to post a picture of the radiator cover and how it didn't properly fit?
Cmusstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Looks good man

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Thanks guys! I've been searching and searching for that website that had it for a good price (besides DG customs themselves), but no luck. Stage 3 Motorsports has it for around $200 but I would rather wait as long as I did, again, than pay that much.

I'll post a picture tomorrow morning before I go to school.

Upcoming: GT500 Supercharger (Department of Boost), 19" Koko Kuture Sardinia-5 Wheels, etc.
GT Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Looks really good!
Rockriders30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT