Do even the littlest dents/scrapes/scratches bother you? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Do even the littlest dents/scrapes/scratches bother you?

Long story short, this morning I was waiting for a parking spot (right by my school) but someone was parked in my spot and they like to park there while they're in mass. A 30 minute mass and she likes to have her car take up the entire area (where you can actually park two vehicles). Anyway, I'm waiting for her and once she leaves, I start creeping towards the spot when I heard a familiar scraping sound that I haven't heard in a long time. I get out my car, and see a cinder block just chilling on the curb, which was deep in water. For what reason? Well I really don't know. It's small and I doubt anyone would notice it, but I have an OCD problem and the littlest dents, scrapes and scratches bother me.

I just want to know if I'm the only one. I want to fix it, as crazy as that sounds, but I don't think I worry about it. But it's just instinct! How do you guys feel about this kinda stuff?

I know it's a small scrape, but it tears me apart, to say the least.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3575825093.png
Views:	291
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	85802  

Upcoming: GT500 Supercharger (Department of Boost), 19" Koko Kuture Sardinia-5 Wheels, etc.
GT Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Also, does anyone know what would further cover it up? I'm sure washing it would help a good bit (it's been raining constantly however) with getting the dirt off and not making it look as bad, but I would like to know if there is anything else I can do. Thanks.

Upcoming: GT500 Supercharger (Department of Boost), 19" Koko Kuture Sardinia-5 Wheels, etc.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I'm the same way OCD..lol

Clean it good use some scratch remover and wax it.
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
I totally understand, even little marks in the clearcoat bother me but not much you can do if you actualy drive the car.
Rockriders30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It bothers me to no end, I'm constantly counting the small chips every time I wash it. Thank god I only have 3. My white v6 was horrible, because they stuck out like a soar thumb. I found this paste at auto zone you mix up and fill in the chips and works amazingly.
245ciPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, it's my DD and will be for another 10-15 years or so (before I store it in the garage and turn it into a 600+ HP monster for the weekends), so I guess I'll have to suck it up.

What is the name of that paste? I'd like to check that out.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Gone View Post
Yeah, it's my DD and will be for another 10-15 years or so (before I store it in the garage and turn it into a 600+ HP monster for the weekends), so I guess I'll have to suck it up.

What is the name of that paste? I'd like to check that out.
Dr. Color chip. I ordered mine through auto zone but I'm pretty sure their web site is www.drcolorchip.com
245ciPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
picked up an 06 today...the finish is flawless of chips or dings...then i get around to the front where the dealer plate was...in a state where we are not required to have a front plate and where it was registered since new...and the dealer put in ****ing self tapping screws and the front has what can best be described as two goddamned bullet holes now...the paint is obliterated...i was ****ing pissed. nothing i can do about it now...
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarq
picked up an 06 today...the finish is flawless of chips or dings...then i get around to the front where the dealer plate was...in a state where we are not required to have a front plate and where it was registered since new...and the dealer put in ****ing self tapping screws and the front has what can best be described as two goddamned bullet holes now...the paint is obliterated...i was ****ing pissed. nothing i can do about it now...
I feel your your pain, but my holes look a helluva lot better than the ugly *** plate they out on it
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I feel your your pain, but my holes look a helluva lot better than the ugly *** plate they out on it
very true...i will wait to get it fixed when i remove hood/side scoops and wing.
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I spent THOUSANDS of dollars after a fellow Mustang guy pointed out the spider web scratches in my black clear coat. I bought every cool polish and wax known to man!!! I finally settled on Griot's Garage "Machine Polish" and "Best of Show Wax" applied with a Porter-Cable Random-orbit Polisher.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister07 View Post
I spent THOUSANDS of dollars after a fellow Mustang guy pointed out the spider web scratches in my black clear coat. I bought every cool polish and wax known to man!!! I finally settled on Griot's Garage "Machine Polish" and "Best of Show Wax" applied with a Porter-Cable Random-orbit Polisher.
+1 on the Griots machine polish for black finishes...

I use their machine polish 4 with their black foam pad (I happen to have their random orbital, but similar to the PC RO.

I haven't tried their wax... I'm always happy with the meguir's tech wax 2.0 synthetic.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:19 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yep, the Griot's stuff is really expensive, but it is worth every penny. Here is a close up shot after using "Machine Polish ", and "Best of Show" wax-

Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
I am looking to get them all done at once and save enough to get my stripes off and painted all blue. My stripes are painted on. They drive me nuts. every little scratch.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT