Weird noise problems? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Weird noise problems?

I am hearing a weird noise coming from the back of my car. It's an 05 GT and has an OR/H with borla atak mufflers. I'm thinking it may be vibration or something? Because the h pipe is newly installed. The sound can be heard a lot of the times on a cold start or when I down shift 2 second while doing about 40. The sound almost sounds like a fat person getting out of a screechy bed. It's like a screech noise almost like what shocks sometimes make if your going over a bump or something but it makes the noise while sitting still so it isn't my shocks.. Any idea what this could be? A friend suggested wheel bearings?

Sppankyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Arizona
I don't think wheel bearings make noise when the car is sitting still. I would crawl along the side of the car while a friend revs the engine and see if you can isolate the noise. My guess it has something to do with your exhaust, maybe a loose baffle inside one of your mufflers.

2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer, tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
I'm hearing the same noise man. I can't figure out what it is n I hate it
ReggStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Canada
Shake the mufflers up and down maybe the hangers are loose on the back. I had that once.
maverick214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: California
Get new exhaust hangers 35 bucks off of AM
galindojr24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT