05 iPod hookup - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
05 iPod hookup

Anyone know the best way to hookup iPod/iPhone to the 05 mustang? I know the later years came with a AUX port, but my 05 doesn't have one. What's my best options ? Thanks !
anthonyrc618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
There's an after market hook up that can run through your glove box. I'll see if I can find it.
Cmusstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've had this for almost 2 years connected to my factory Shaker 500. Works great and has never skipped a beat. I even went the extra mile and ran an RCA to 3.5mm cable and installed a nice port inside my console. Looks very factory and sounds great. Looks like the link comes with an iPod/iPhone adapter anyways to charge but I would honestly omit that and just install a port like I did because if you're into upgrading Apple products they are now using the lightning adapter on new products instead of the 30 pin like what is included with this PIE adapter.

Amazon.com: PIE FRD04-AUX Select Models Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Factory Stereo Radio Auxiliary Aux Input Converter + Free Direct Wire to RCA Charging Cable 2004 - 2010: MP3 Players & Accessories
gmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanus View Post
I've had this for almost 2 years connected to my factory Shaker 500. Works great and has never skipped a beat. I even went the extra mile and ran an RCA to 3.5mm cable and installed a nice port inside my console. Looks very factory and sounds great. Looks like the link comes with an iPod/iPhone adapter anyways to charge but I would honestly omit that and just install a port like I did because if you're into upgrading Apple products they are now using the lightning adapter on new products instead of the 30 pin like what is included with this PIE adapter.

Amazon.com: PIE FRD04-AUX Select Models Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Factory Stereo Radio Auxiliary Aux Input Converter + Free Direct Wire to RCA Charging Cable 2004 - 2010: MP3 Players & Accessories
Im buying one of these this week! Haha i found it like 3 days ago. Have you tried using the cable that comes with it at all?
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:42 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusstang19 View Post
There's an after market hook up that can run through your glove box. I'll see if I can find it.
Dude if you can find this you'll be my hero lol! Thank you!

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Quote:

Nice thanks ! How does this work exactly ?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
That's the one I used before getting a pioneer double din.
You press the aux button to switch to iPod. Sounds great since it hooks directly to back of shaker, just plugs in.
Before that I tried an fm transmitter and kept getting static.
I still have mine somewhere, it worked great for about 5 years. Then it started to say no aux and I would have to turn off car and open a door to shut off radio. Then it would work next time I started car. It would do this once about every 15 starts.
Could have just been my radio I never looked into it. Next mustang I bought had aftermarket double din and I love it.
But the pie adapter was well worth the money and it charged my iPhone too.
maverick214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It always bugged me that they didn't put an aux jack in the 05-06 and then put a radio in that has an aux button.
I was disappointed when I got my 05 home and couldn't find the jack...
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick214 View Post
It always bugged me that they didn't put an aux jack in the 05-06 and then put a radio in that has an aux button.
Yeah I hear you! I felt the same way
Old 01-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Is this easy to install yourself or should I get some else to do it? I have no experience in this kind of electrical stuff btw
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depack21 View Post

Is this easy to install yourself or should I get some else to do it? I have no experience in this kind of electrical stuff btw
You do have to pull the radio out to plug in the connectors in the back. And I believe you have to splice in a positive and negative wire to the power outlet. Sorry I can't remember it was about 5 years ago.
I just had a look at it and I was wrong, the version I had was aux only and didn't charge the iPhone. I was thinking of my other car.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The one from amazon that he posted is the one I was going to get my for mustang before I had sold it, never heard anything bad about
Cmusstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depack21 View Post

Quote:

You do have to pull the radio out to plug in the connectors in the back. And I believe you have to splice in a positive and negative wire to the power outlet. Sorry I can't remember it was about 5 years ago.
I just had a look at it and I was wrong, the version I had was aux only and didn't charge the iPhone. I was thinking of my other car.
It's a pain but can be done I did mine. I took (nervous guys) way the first time and had to redo it. I should've written it up.

You do have to splice the wire, it's super easy. I suggest getting some heat shrink wire connectors. I'll just write it up.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I just hooked up the iSimple gateway this past weekend in the Shaker 500 AUX. it was extremely simple. Works like a charm and even displays the info of the iPhone. Had to change the dip switches but found the right setting. Definitely recommend that to anyone that has the AUX port.
fury88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:

I run my ipod cable under the console around the shifter etc and I removed the arm rest lighter that is inside and ran the cables through the little hole. Great way to tuck it and have easy access to it.

OP, an alternative maybe the Pioneer APPRADIO 1 SPH-DA02 because its $150 in crutchfield right now. I got one last week. Downgraded from my Pioneer Avic x940bt. For $150.00 it has no cd/dvd drive and runs directly off of the apps in your iPhone/iPod. Just an idea.

Pioneer SPH-DA02 AppRadio Smartphone receiver at Crutchfield.com

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I have an 08 GT and mine doesn't have an aux input. I was shocked when I was trying to hook up my MP3 player.
rangerbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerbert View Post
I have an 08 GT and mine doesn't have an aux input. I was shocked when I was trying to hook up my MP3 player.
Did you check the center console

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I did. But I plugged it in and it didn't work.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerbert View Post
I did. But I plugged it in and it didn't work.
Does the display say anything when you press the AUX button?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I'll have to check it out. Never paid attention to it.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Is there anything that can hook into an iPhone aux ? Like the jack that you plug your headphones into

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT