Any Opinions on lowering? what to use and ride quality. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Any Opinions on lowering? what to use and ride quality.

Looking to lower my 06. What have people used as far as spring and shock combos and how will it affect the ride quality? I'm told its smoother when dropped an inch. True?
CORYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have a 06 GT with the Eibach Sportline's Koni yellow struts and shocks and BMR panhard bar with 19's it rides ok, but it's a firmer ride them stock.
Zaks06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORYSGT View Post
Looking to lower my 06. What have people used as far as spring and shock combos and how will it affect the ride quality? I'm told its smoother when dropped an inch. True?
I have the ford racing k springs & didn't change shocks. I also have big heavy *** 20' wheels & the ride is pretty stiff on mine. I think mainly cause the wheels though.
Franco09GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Use the search bar plenty of info about lowering a car
Old 01-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Use the search bar plenty of info about lowering a car
Ok,thanks...ill use the search bar from now on and won't add anyone silly questions pertaining to my mustang on a mustang forum. Thanks! New products come out daily...I appologize for bothering you with my questions. To be honest,Google has been more informative. I'm begining to think this forum is full guys who talk about their car,or dream car.and not so much hands on guys. Pisses me off you tell me to go back and look at old threads. Hasn't everything been covered by now? Why post any new threads..this place is a plethora of valuable information! Let's archive and print the book. Shut this forum down..venomouz sez check old threads,don't ask any questions dumb ***,we'be covered everything already..duh. have a great day! Go abcde_ghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz missing letter yourself bro. ;+)

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Oh,and thanks for stopping by. Nice knowing ya'll..I expect ill be ban now since I asked a question..god I'm an idiot! What was I thinking!? Asking a question on a forum..later
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I have been involved in a lot of forums over the years (R6, R1, ZX, F150....etc) they all seem to have the same issue. Every time someone creates a new thread to ask a question, it's almost a certainty...... 3 or 4 posts down! It's the same thing. Use the search function. It is frustrating, and the above post is correct. If you prefer not to talk mustangs, or want to troll, your welcome to visit bored.com. May even think about spending a bit more time on YouTube.

To answer your original question, in my experience. Lowered cars to tend to ride stiff. My car was lowered by its pervious owner, and is a very stiff ride. Couldn't be my daily driver.
Jstilly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Check out eibach pro r2 suspension. You can lower your car from 1/2 inch to 3 inch and it's fully adjustable. It can ride really stiff for track days and you can tune it to ride just like stock! It's expensive but well worth the money!
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry venomouz831...nothing personal,I went a little overboard. Just annoyed me than nobody will help me out with any suggestions,then a guy trying to decide if he should buy a mustang or an AMG get 60 responses. Kick him off the forum..AMG? Really? Mercedes and ford are on two completely diffrent planets. He sounded more to me to be a guy looking for attention and most likely doesn't even own a car and lives in his moms basement. Just saying..
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I agree with jstilly85 its like on a lot of other forums. Im a member on m109riders and got the same thing when I asked something that has been hit already. I sure everyone would help you and give their opinion when needed. I dont think he meant any disrespect was just letting you know to search for it first.
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ok,thanks...ill use the search bar from now on and won't add anyone silly questions pertaining to my mustang on a mustang forum. Thanks! New products come out daily...I appologize for bothering you with my questions. To be honest,Google has been more informative. I'm begining to think this forum is full guys who talk about their car,or dream car.and not so much hands on guys. Pisses me off you tell me to go back and look at old threads. Hasn't everything been covered by now? Why post any new threads..this place is a plethora of valuable information! Let's archive and print the book. Shut this forum down..venomouz sez check old threads,don't ask any questions dumb ***,we'be covered everything already..duh. have a great day! Go abcde_ghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz missing letter yourself bro. ;+)

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Oh,and thanks for stopping by. Nice knowing ya'll..I expect ill be ban now since I asked a question..god I'm an idiot! What was I thinking!? Asking a question on a forum..later
+1
I have the same frustration. If you ask a question about CAI, 4.10 gears, mufflers, or plastidip you get 200 responses and arguments. But if you have a real engine problem or different question you get the 'search the thread' or if you're lucky some people will try to help you out. It's fairly sad most of the time.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post

+1
I have the same frustration. If you ask a question about CAI, 4.10 gears, mufflers, or plastidip you get 200 responses and arguments. But if you have a real engine problem or different question you get the 'search the thread' or if you're lucky some people will try to help you out. It's fairly sad most of the time.
I agree with you sometimes if it bothers people so bad just dont respond. I know when I first got on I searched and didnt find what I was asking and I got told to search it.
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
I have the Ford Racing Springs. 1" drop. Smoother? No way. They were impressively stiffer for a one inch drop. Stock shocks. Helps out in the steering response area as well.

Nitto 555 and their stiff sidewalls, Ford Racing springs and Stillen Sway bars and my 06 GT handles FANTASTIC.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you, I was told by a local speed shop. "Stanghi" that the gray fr springs are what I would like along with the appropriate shocks I will not only softten my ride,but get rid of the wheel gap. I have 18" staggered nitro's. Also,changing springs only will cause it to stiffen the feel because the factory shocks/struts don't cooperate with the Gray lowering springs from ford racing. He claimed people drop with springs but don't change to appropriate shocks and are unhappy with performance. Maybe you all knew that? I did not.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Thank you, I was told by a local speed shop. "Stanghi" that the gray fr springs are what I would like along with the appropriate shocks I will not only softten my ride,but get rid of the wheel gap. I have 18" staggered nitro's. Also,changing springs only will cause it to stiffen the feel because the factory shocks/struts don't cooperate with the Gray lowering springs from ford racing. He claimed people drop with springs but don't change to appropriate shocks and are unhappy with performance. Maybe you all knew that? I did not.
The car gets stiffer because the spring is stiffer. The ride will be "better" with matching shocks but it WILL be stiffer.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT