Duraflex VS Trufiber - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Duraflex VS Trufiber

Ok like my recent post im about to buy a new hood. Ive been doing alot of research in regards of the hood material. But I want to hear from you guys that has actually had one. Im confused on duraflex they say its better than fiberglass but why is it so cheaper? And lastly if i decide to go with fiberglass hood do i have to get hood pins. I was told with duraflex it reccomended to get them because of them being so light. Oh by the way Im looking at the gt500 or gts 4 style hood. Thanks
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
This is what I was looking at as well does anyone have it please share expierence.
2006 2009 Ford Mustang Cobra Duraflex GT500 Hood | eBay
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
Mad Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Baton Rouge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
This is what I was looking at as well does anyone have it please share expierence.
2006 2009 Ford Mustang Cobra Duraflex GT500 Hood | eBay
That is a GT500 hood, it won't fit your car unless you get a GT500 front bumper kit… I have a trufiber hood, I love it up until it rains! But it looks BA! The hood pins are a must, I don't like the ones that came with the hood, I would rather Shelby hood pins like I originally had. I got in an accident and I had to get a new hood, the stock hood with the bolted hood scoop was $1200 from Ford. I got the Trufiber cobra style hood for $699, the money I saved went towards the prep and paint. It turned out nice. Call me crazy but it feels faster with the ram air, like the car can finally breath…
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
Mad Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Baton Rouge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 16
This is what I have, it's on sale now. Mr. Bodykit was easy to deal with, the one without the hood pins I originally ordered, was out of stock so they sent me the one with the cut outs and gave me $150. You can get it with or without the hood pins cut out, I would keep it simple and get them already cut out…

http://www.mrbodykit.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1158
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post

That is a GT500 hood, it won't fit your car unless you get a GT500 front bumper kit… I have a trufiber hood, I love it up until it rains! But it looks BA! The hood pins are a must, I don't like the ones that came with the hood, I would rather Shelby hood pins like I originally had. I got in an accident and I had to get a new hood, the stock hood with the bolted hood scoop was $1200 from Ford. I got the Trufiber cobra style hood for $699, the money I saved went towards the prep and paint. It turned out nice. Call me crazy but it feels faster with the ram air, like the car can finally breath…
Thanks for the heads up I kinda figured the gt 500 wouldnt line up right. And yeah thats the exact same hood im getting from a company om ebay. So I take that everythint gets wet when it rains. Thats not a biggie to me as long as it doesnt cause any problems
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: California
Posts: 916
Go for the gts-4 hood. You will love it! I have that hood as well just haven't put it on yet.
__________________
Full Exhaust, Full Bolt Ons, Full Suspension and Much More..

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
sinister07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Region: California
Posts: 379
I have a Cervini's hood on my '05, the fit is fantastic, and it is fully finished on the underside. The workmanship is excellent.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
sinister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister07 View Post
I have a Cervini's hood on my '05, the fit is fantastic, and it is fully finished on the underside. The workmanship is excellent.
Does it have the built in ram air kit?
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
sinister07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Region: California
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
Does it have the built in ram air kit?
No, mine has the Shaker kit.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
sinister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister07 View Post

No, mine has the Shaker kit.
Oh ok
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
kirpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Elk river
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 179
I have the cervini ram air hood. Cerveni doesn't require hood pins. They seem to run a little more. But I love my hood.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
Thanks for the heads up I kinda figured the gt 500 wouldnt line up right. And yeah thats the exact same hood im getting from a company om ebay. So I take that everythint gets wet when it rains. Thats not a biggie to me as long as it doesnt cause any problems
And to quote this. If it rains hard your car will most likely go into limp mode. I'm not sure where the water goes. But I've had it happen and so did my buddy with a similar hood. He says it happens pretty frequent because his is a DD
kirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirpy View Post
I have the cervini ram air hood. Cerveni doesn't require hood pins. They seem to run a little more. But I love my hood.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------



And to quote this. If it rains hard your car will most likely go into limp mode. I'm not sure where the water goes. But I've had it happen and so did my buddy with a similar hood. He says it happens pretty frequent because his is a DD
Wow well that sucks do u have the rain gaurds for the heat extracters
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
kirpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Elk river
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
Wow well that sucks do u have the rain gaurds for the heat extracters
No his has a solid mesh plate. He ended up cutting some plastic and zip tying it to the mesh. He says it helped a lot. But if you know it's there it stands out like a sore thumb. Mine is for show and a Sunday driver. So it very rarely sees bad weather.
kirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirpy View Post

No his has a solid mesh plate. He ended up cutting some plastic and zip tying it to the mesh. He says it helped a lot. But if you know it's there it stands out like a sore thumb. Mine is for show and a Sunday driver. So it very rarely sees bad weather.
This is what I was afraid of I drive mine a lot I was going to get the cobra r hood im confused now
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
kirpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Elk river
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 179
I'd still go for it. You should be able to block it without it being seen.
kirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kcstunna82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirpy View Post
I'd still go for it. You should be able to block it without it being seen.
I think I still am it just looks so nice
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:24 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.