American Muscle InTune Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
American Muscle InTune Tuner

Question I see this is new I was wondering whats the diffrence between this one compared to the bama tuner. Besides the obvious it touch screen. Im getting ready to buy a cai and tuner and i figured i might as well go with the new stuff. Does anyone have one yet?
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
It's actually a Diablosport tuner, sold by AM. It supposedly leaves no trace of a tune, so that you can tune your ride and then put it back to stock for warranty work, but I've yet to hear of anyone that has tested their claim.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
It's actually a Diablosport tuner, sold by AM. It supposedly leaves no trace of a tune, so that you can tune your ride and then put it back to stock for warranty work, but I've yet to hear of anyone that has tested their claim.
Ok I was wondering about it I mean it looks cool since its smaller and touch screen. Was just wondering if there were any benefit from it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post

Ok I was wondering about it I mean it looks cool since its smaller and touch screen. Was just wondering if there were any benefit from it
Not too much more of a benefit. SCT can do virtually everything a Diablo can do and vice versa. That's cool its got a touch screen tho.
austinmueller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I would stick with SCT, more tuners are using them. I relate AMs tunes to Walmart, its cheap, its fast but there are much better out there.

I would look at lund racing or VMPtuning.
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I would stick with SCT, more tuners are using them. I relate AMs tunes to Walmart, its cheap, its fast but there are much better out there.

I would look at lund racing or VMPtuning.
Ok but i kind of disagree from what I read and heard from people where im at bama is the way to go because of simplicity and they put out pretty good numbers. The other ones you listed had a lot of negative feedback and some good as well. I really dont think AM is cheap i mean of course if you wanted the best tune you would take your can in to get tuned but that can get expesinsive the more stuff you add. I was just curious about the tuner itself from what I read it still holds bamas tunes so thats a plus it just caught my eye.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I like my Brenspeed tune on my SCT

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Really how long have you had it. I just want something I could drive everyday and at the same time open up on someone if I wanted.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Really how long have you had it. I just want something I could drive everyday and at the same time open up on someone if I wanted.
I've had the SCT for a while and it's great. SCT offers the touch screen option as a smartphone app. Works the same way, but it's always with you. The diablo comes with an iphone looking touch screen. Basically the same. Both tuners can take the car back to the orginal stock settings. How much can you alter yourself without a custom tune? Bottomline is the person performing the tune. You could argue forever as to who has the best stock tune. Then argue more about emailed tunes. Best tune hands down is by an experienced pro on a dyno.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Had it for a year+ it's good never a problem, car pulls really hard top end

Old 02-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Bama is hardly a "Walmart" tune but to each their own. Lund is awesome but I have seen and heard to many horrible customer service stories about Lund to get a canned tune from him. I will say that I plan on doing a remote dyno tune in the near future from Lund for the new mods I have added. For the average person with minor mods a Bama tune is great and their customer service is top notch for sure.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Bama is hardly a "Walmart" tune but to each their own. Lund is awesome but I have seen and heard to many horrible customer service stories about Lund to get a canned tune from him. I will say that I plan on doing a remote dyno tune in the near future from Lund for the new mods I have added. For the average person with minor mods a Bama tune is great and their customer service is top notch for sure.
Agreed well I pulled the plug and went with the sct with BAMA tunes
Old 02-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

Good choice. I don't really see how you won't like it. Have fun, but not too much fun
austinmueller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #14
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Kcstunna82,

Good choice! Then again, you really couldn't go wrong between our SF3 or Intune, since they both have the same Bama tune available. Either way, I think you'll be very happy with your decision once you get the first tune uploaded in your car.

Have fun, enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Kcstunna82,

Good choice! Then again, you really couldn't go wrong between our SF3 or Intune, since they both have the same Bama tune available. Either way, I think you'll be very happy with your decision once you get the first tune uploaded in your car.

Have fun, enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Shane
Thanks cant wait to get all my parts on monday
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
Hey BaSohol, did you datalog with Brenspeed at all? I decided re-try my tune from them a few weeks ago and It is a good tune, I like it a lot. Smooth as can be, but there are two things that are haunting a completely healthy opinion. One is fuel mileage, its awful. 260 mi to this tank with normal driving - whereas I get 300 / 300+ mi per tank with the Steeda tune or Bama tunes that came with my SCT. Did you have to specifically ask them for an economy adjustment in order to get the fuel mileage you're getting?

Oh and also, it idles up high often when I pull up to a stop light, then the idle will settle. Does yours do this on a manual as well?
gmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Well my fuel economy is horrible but I drive fast and it's cold outside so I let the car idle 10 mins before I go anywhere, no concerned about Mpgs tho

And the idle is fine. If your having idle surges clean your throttle body, I mean remove it and clean it good!!! Then clean your MAF sensor with MAF cleaner and it will fix the problem

Also I went with Brenspeed. 1 cause they are close to me, 2 they are a speed shop not a parts dealer, 3 they race their cars

Old 02-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Oh I see man thanks. I clean my TB and MAF religiously and it doesn't do it with other tunes. I sent an email to them seeing if they could adjust my "dashpot" settings or whatever. Hopefully they can get it squared away.
gmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanus View Post
Oh I see man thanks. I clean my TB and MAF religiously and it doesn't do it with other tunes. I sent an email to them seeing if they could adjust my "dashpot" settings or whatever. Hopefully they can get it squared away.
Oh then I'm sorry I never had a problem with my tune, good luck they are very knowledgable and will help you get it fixed

Old 02-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
The best option is to find a shop near you that tunes the car on a dyno. That way you get a tune specific to your car not a generic tune
Mark221 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT