Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #1

Region: California
Exhaust

I drive a 2009 GT. I have the Corsa Extreme Sport axle back exhaust right now and was wanting some ideas of what headers and mid pipes I should go with. I definitely want long tube headers and offroad mid pipes. Not too picky on X or Y pipes. Thanks everyone.
Minuteman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Look up the pypes m80 mid muffler setup. With off road X it sounds like sex. I want to do it to mine.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #3

Thanks! Ill have to check it out.
Minuteman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Good header brands are kooks, ford racing, stainless steel, bbk, Mac, hooker
Old 02-11-2013, 01:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Good header brands are kooks, ford racing, stainless steel, bbk, Mac, hooker
I wouldn't list kooks and mac in the same realm as "good". Kooks are one of the best systems money can get.
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
1998 V6 Mustang : SOLD!
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well yea price wise they are prob the most expensive.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

That's why you go with Pypes. Exact same thing for a lot less money

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco View Post

I wouldn't list kooks and mac in the same realm as "good". Kooks are one of the best systems money can get.
Jesus Christ, another kooks kool aid drinker

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
When you buy a set of Kooks headers, they are delivered to your house by the Kooks bikini team girls sporting shorts bikini tops and of course , safety goggles and gloves to help you install. All you need is to provide the tools.

I thought everyone knew this. It's why I bought em.
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
GTRob504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I know that's how mine came! Haha!
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post

Jesus Christ, another kooks kool aid drinker
What do you run then? If the price bothers you then buy pacesetters.
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
Old 02-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What do you run then? If the price bothers you then buy pacesetters.
I am, perfect fit and once you get them coated theyll last forever and perform better then kooks

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

It's just annoying watching people try to convince them selfs and other that spending 1200 on headers wasn't a dumb move

Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am, perfect fit and once you get them coated theyll last forever and perform better then kooks

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

It's just annoying watching people try to convince them selfs and other that spending 1200 on headers wasn't a dumb move
I'd prefer to buy a header I can unbox and bolt on. I didn't realize I was buying a header kit that I get to complete. Also having stepped headers with equal length primaries is where extra power comes from. I don't see how pacesetters would perform better in any way than that. But if you like them, be happy. You don't have to diss and say its all marketing.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd prefer to buy a header I can unbox and bolt on. I didn't realize I was buying a header kit that I get to complete. Also having stepped headers with equal length primaries is where extra power comes from. I don't see how pacesetters would perform better in any way than that. But if you like them, be happy. You don't have to diss and say its all marketing.
Ceramic coated headers outperform uncoated headers, and what makes kooks better then MAC, BBK, or Pypes? Kooks is all hype

Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ceramic coated headers outperform uncoated headers, and what makes kooks better then MAC, BBK, or Pypes? Kooks is all hype
That's your whole point? They are ceramic coated as well, from the manufacturer. I don't see where your trying to go but I assume its that kooks are worth $150 and charge too much. I stated before that equal length primaries, and having a stepped design (along with what I forgot to mention, ceramic coating) makes them a great unit. It's design and material, and I'm not gonna dive into metallurgy. I would get a set of bassani probably much more likely than kooks but i don't think kooks is crap as you make them out to be. I think people who buy shorty antennas spend too much but you don't see me blasting them, as you can make one in 15 mins.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not "blasting" them I just stated their not worth the money, and their only 304 SS just like the Pypes brand and I believe they don't use a stepped design on the o5-09 nor a ceramic option, I know you can in some but doesn't appear to an option at AM

Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
If I was looking for Lts Pacesetter would be at the top of my list of options
pt# 72c3232 is for their ceramic coated long tubes
pt# 82-1122 is for their O/R shortie H mid pipe
pt# 82-1123 is for their catted shortie H pipe
Do a google search to find the best price for these pt#s and you should be able to get the ceramic coated Lts and the mid pipe of your choise in the $600 range for everything and that to me is the best Bang for the buck out there for long tubes just my opinion

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRob504 View Post
When you buy a set of Kooks headers, they are delivered to your house by the Kooks bikini team girls sporting shorts bikini tops and of course , safety goggles and gloves to help you install. All you need is to provide the tools.

I thought everyone knew this. It's why I bought em.
True story… You forgot to tell them about the stickers and lanyard though…
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so Pypes and Kooks are near identical in design and construction with 304 stainless steel. Pypes is not made in the USA.
MAC is a similar design but not made of SS, but either chrome or ceramic coated. BBK are a full length header made SS and coated. I tell you who the kool-aid drinkers are, those who think American Muscle is the end all of sourcing after market parts.
Check out MarylandSpeed.com. It's where I bought my jet hot ceramic coated Kooks headers with high flow catted H pipe. AM doesn't carry this combo or the coating.
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler Go: FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
Old 02-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok so Pypes and Kooks are near identical in design and construction with 304 stainless steel. Pypes is not made in the USA.
MAC is a similar design but not made of SS, but either chrome or ceramic coated. BBK are a full length header made SS and coated. I tell you who the kool-aid drinkers are, those who think American Muscle is the end all of sourcing after market parts.
Check out MarylandSpeed.com. It's where I bought my jet hot ceramic coated Kooks headers with high flow catted H pipe. AM doesn't carry this combo or the coating.
That whole made in America thing is so anti America

Old 02-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree that most people on here think AM is the holy grail of mustang performance. I like AM a lot, but they also don't carry a lot.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

That whole made in America thing is so anti America
I don't see how knowing where the goods you buy come from, is Anti American.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Saying, Made in America, like it should affect your purchasing decisions, that's irrelevant today, it ain't the 1930s anymore

Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have stainless works 1 3/4 long tubes and they are really nice. I highly recommend them
Mark221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Saying, Made in America, like it should affect your purchasing decisions, that's irrelevant today, it ain't the 1930s anymore
I didn't say it like anything. Typed it. Irrelevance is right. Your opinion is likely irrelevant to some as is mine.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I've got the same set up as you except I've git BBK long tube and hiflo cat x pipe. I like them and most people love the sound. I don't,and I'm going with an H pipe and removing the x. I've got a video link on one of my early threads. U can hear my car and see if its what your looking for. My thread I have a video link on is named "my burnout".

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote:

I don't see how knowing where the goods you buy come from, is Anti American.
Anti-South America..you forgot the south part I think Baha guy...right? I hope I'm right, otherwise your intoxicated sir. Lol
CORYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust