Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Best HP TO $ ratio.

3K views 42 replies 11 participants last post by  Borii 
#1 ·
I've got gears,110mm C&L Cai,Long tube headers,Dyno tuned. Whats my next and best bang for my buck to get the best HP/Torque gain. ( I've Already got 125 shot NOS)

#2 ·
Since you've already got headsets I'd say you would see a pretty nice gain from some good cams. You're at the point where the next mods are pretty expensive lol

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Headders*

#5 ·
At the rear wheel? 20 of that was headers ill assume. So 50rhp gain from cams? That's equivalent to 1RHP per $21.00. After performance shop does install and retune. Triple that cost if your talking flywheel HP. What was your torque gain?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

That's a pretty kick a$$ return on your $...thanks for the info btw

#12 ·
Plus you don't need phase limiters, they work with the stock VCT. They were designed to work with a fairly stock engine.

#19 ·
Look, you can say that all you want. I'm not an expert on parts or engines, but I am certain of what I got from my stock HP to getting cams, changing my exhaust and adding a CAI. I could read the numbers on the computer with the before numbers then the numbers after the install and tune. I would happily admit my engine was poorly tuned resulting in lower 'stock' HP if that was the case and being the second owner that is a possibility considering how adamant you are that it is impossible.

#20 ·
Look, you can say that all you want. I'm not an expert on parts or engines,
Exactly. I am telling you, your car did not gain 70 HP from cams and headers. Period.

The dyno may have SHOWN that. But the car did not gain that. Not to mention you've added a part since your initial claim. You first stated 70 HP over stock with FRPP cams and headers, but now there is an intake involved.

Where is this dyno sheet? Did you "lose" it?

#26 ·
No sir, I was not given a 'dyno' sheet. I'm not trying to sound like some hard ass and try to impress anyone either. I just don't understand how I'm assumed to be a lying or talking up my car. Personally I did the mods for the sound and when we looked at the numbers it was like an added bonus for me. I also said I'm no expert so it is possible I'm mistaken although I'm 100% sure my before was only like 250 and my after was 320ish. Please don't just assume I'm one of these idiots that talk **** to look good.

#33 ·
What I am saying is that you did not gain that much HP NO MATTER WHAT THE DYNO SAID. Period. This is a fact. I never called you a liar. I said your car did not make that much HP. And it absolutely did not. The dyno may have READ that, but it didn't make that. If it makes you feel better CORYSGT's claims are incredibily more ridiculous.

What was your first Dyno results? A stock GT has about 251rhp. That was my base Dyno aswel. I did LT headers,CAI,gear(nonfactor) and Dyno tuned by the man who helped write the Ford program. I walked away with 327RHP from those three nods,plus 340ft lb torque. Added nos and got an additional 100RHP with a 125 shot. These are facts and ill gladly share test.
ALSO inflated DYNO numbers. The BOTH of you got completely played and lied to your face. Period. Intake/LTs and tune are not worth 75+WHP. :lmao:

"helped write the Ford program". Who? Evidence? His claim?

You guys are delusional. I have no doubt your dynos read those numbers, but there is NO DOUBT the dyno lied. Most likely deliberately calibrated to lie by the owner of said dyno.

No one is trying to rag you guys, simply educate you guys. Those results are simply not possible.

#36 ·
Dynos all have a level of inaccuracy but most shops will calibrate them to where they can all be within 5-10HP of each other regardless of what area you live in. Which is why TB gains are very, nearly impossible to show since the margin of error is larger than gains it MAY provide.

The car is old, nothing an s197 does is a surprise and there isn't nothing someone hasn't done already. Those particular mods simply never have and never will make those inflated gains.

In your case, without a before dyno, the dyno would have to be poorly set up so that the gains read high. but they may still be actual gains if say, the stock dyno was 300 WHP for example. But a before and after dyno showing 70 WHP on those mods, is not just inaccurate, it is just wrong. Faulty equipment, or deliberate tampering.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Borii is kinda coming down on you guys hard but he's right. Dyno operators do this. They show you measured power then corrected power. Every dyno is different too. My mach 1 has registered as low as a 274 rwhp on a heartbreaker mustang dyno, and as high as 34x on a dynojet. But there is no way you got that much power from those 3 minor mods. It simply doesn't add up. If it did, we would all be sitting on monster engines. Even a full Bolton car would have trouble getting that much power down.
I was not coming hard initially (tee hee), people just want their hand held and spoken to in Sesame Street songs. I said nothing offensive, an apple is an apple is an apple. It is not meant to be rude or not be rude. They were statements without "fluff" lol.

#35 ·
CORYSGT said:
How do you know what u gained I'd you don't know your original?..

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

*if
Borii is kinda coming down on you guys hard but he's right. Dyno operators do this. They show you measured power then corrected power. Every dyno is different too. My mach 1 has registered as low as a 274 rwhp on a heartbreaker mustang dyno, and as high as 34x on a dynojet. But there is no way you got that much power from those 3 minor mods. It simply doesn't add up. If it did, we would all be sitting on monster engines. Even a full Bolton car would have trouble getting that much power down.

#37 ·
Borii is correct. Those gains simply aren't possible with that few of mods. You both must have had some friendly dynos or the guy gave you the estimated HP numbers

#41 ·
Depends on gears and condition, wheels etc but generally, about 15% on stock gears. 4.10 will generate a little more loss. So 250 is close. Most s197 dyno closer to 260 so about a 13% or so loss on stock gears.

#43 ·
Only C and L intake I see that is 110 MM is for the gt500. The C and L racer intake is 98MM.

Either way, that guy being whatever he was doesn't mean he is a good tuner or isn't a good tuner.

The intake and tune alone is a great power jump. The added feel of the 3.73 will also make it awesome. The BBK long tubes weren't originally mentioned. You could get close to 320 with LTs, all things perfectly aligned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.