Best HP TO $ ratio. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by CORYSGT View Post
How do you know what u gained I'd you don't know your original?..

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

*if
Dynos all have a level of inaccuracy but most shops will calibrate them to where they can all be within 5-10HP of each other regardless of what area you live in. Which is why TB gains are very, nearly impossible to show since the margin of error is larger than gains it MAY provide.

The car is old, nothing an s197 does is a surprise and there isn't nothing someone hasn't done already. Those particular mods simply never have and never will make those inflated gains.

In your case, without a before dyno, the dyno would have to be poorly set up so that the gains read high. but they may still be actual gains if say, the stock dyno was 300 WHP for example. But a before and after dyno showing 70 WHP on those mods, is not just inaccurate, it is just wrong. Faulty equipment, or deliberate tampering.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Borii is kinda coming down on you guys hard but he's right. Dyno operators do this. They show you measured power then corrected power. Every dyno is different too. My mach 1 has registered as low as a 274 rwhp on a heartbreaker mustang dyno, and as high as 34x on a dynojet. But there is no way you got that much power from those 3 minor mods. It simply doesn't add up. If it did, we would all be sitting on monster engines. Even a full Bolton car would have trouble getting that much power down.
I was not coming hard initially (tee hee), people just want their hand held and spoken to in Sesame Street songs. I said nothing offensive, an apple is an apple is an apple. It is not meant to be rude or not be rude. They were statements without "fluff" lol.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Borii is correct. Those gains simply aren't possible with that few of mods. You both must have had some friendly dynos or the guy gave you the estimated HP numbers

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang23 View Post
Borii is correct. Those gains simply aren't possible with that few of mods. You both must have had some friendly dynos or the guy gave you the estimated HP numbers
I'll accept that. Even if the numbers aren't that big of a change I'm still happy as hell with it.
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine0587 View Post
I'll accept that. Even if the numbers aren't that big of a change I'm still happy as hell with it.
I am sure your car made AT LEAST the HP we all make. Mustang is happy to breathe.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Flywheel HP or at the rear wheel..there's a big difference.
300 at the flywheel is 250 by the time its transfered to the wheels. Right?..
CORYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORYSGT View Post
Flywheel HP or at the rear wheel..there's a big difference.
300 at the flywheel is 250 by the time its transfered to the wheels. Right?..
Depends on gears and condition, wheels etc but generally, about 15% on stock gears. 4.10 will generate a little more loss. So 250 is close. Most s197 dyno closer to 260 so about a 13% or so loss on stock gears.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 02-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

What I am saying is that you did not gain that much HP NO MATTER WHAT THE DYNO SAID. Period. This is a fact. I never called you a liar. I said your car did not make that much HP. And it absolutely did not. The dyno may have READ that, but it didn't make that. If it makes you feel better CORYSGT's claims are incredibily more ridiculous.

ALSO inflated DYNO numbers. The BOTH of you got completely played and lied to your face. Period. Intake/LTs and tune are not worth 75+WHP.

"helped write the Ford program". Who? Evidence? His claim?

You guys are delusional. I have no doubt your dynos read those numbers, but there is NO DOUBT the dyno lied. Most likely deliberately calibrated to lie by the owner of said dyno.

No one is trying to rag you guys, simply educate you guys. Those results are simply not possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Depends on gears and condition, wheels etc but generally, about 15% on stock gears. 4.10 will generate a little more loss. So 250 is close. Most s197 dyno closer to 260 so about a 13% or so loss on stock gears.
Ok,I put in 3.73 gears,C&L 110mm Cai.(the bigger Cai was a huge difference over the standard 90mm ones) BBK long tubes,upgraded plugs n coils and a Dyno tune by the guy who wrote the s197's program He's awesome.and billit roush upper n lower anti hoop control arms I got all that done to my stock GT I pain 17k for.I picked it up and couldn't believe the difference. The best $4900.00 investment of my 42 year old life. The car woke the frake up..if i only got a 50hp gain or what ever you may think. It's the best 50hp I've ever felt! Just saying..
CORYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Only C and L intake I see that is 110 MM is for the gt500. The C and L racer intake is 98MM.

Either way, that guy being whatever he was doesn't mean he is a good tuner or isn't a good tuner.

The intake and tune alone is a great power jump. The added feel of the 3.73 will also make it awesome. The BBK long tubes weren't originally mentioned. You could get close to 320 with LTs, all things perfectly aligned.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT