Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Bad PCM

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  snakeater46 
#1 ·
My '06 GT motor crapped out. Found low mileage '07 motor and swapped but get a persistent "bad cam" code. Do I need a new PCM? Would a tuner (Predator) be a me to correct? If a Predator can correct that would seem to be the way to go.

#3 ·
Which cam code is it? IS it the a cam sensor code? If so that's usually an easy fix.

#7 ·
OP,

A tuner will not be able to correct this code for you. You need to take the car to an auto shop or dealer to have them diagnose it. There's a good chance it's just a faulty sensor. The PCM rarely ever fails by itself or of "old age," so unless it was flashed incorrectly or encountered physical damage, it's not likely the PCM is faulty.

Good luck, I hope this points you in the right direction!

Shane

#8 ·
A tuner will give the exact code. Autozone can read codes as well I believe. A tuner can erase the code, but once you start it, the Coe will come back You need to find out the code.

#9 ·
Thanks Shane. The dealership suggested the possibility of a faulty sensor. Allegedly that was ruled out as they insisted I need a new or rebuilt? PCM. Not clear how faulty sensor ruled out without replacing the sensor. Car runs great but shows "check engine" symbol. Bummer!

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Bummer. If dealer can't fix w/o new or rebuilt PCM, guess I'm stuck. Thanks for the suggestions

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Thanks. Doesn't appear to be any probs with the cams

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.