Does anyone else do this? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Does anyone else do this?

my 05 Mustang has borla atak and O/R H... When im cruising, say around 45 MPH ill keep it in 4th so i can still hear that nice growl, but it seems like as soon as the car gets up to speed and your going steady at 45 it gets really quiet, almost like youre not even on the gas, but as soon as your start to accelerate just a tiny bit it wakes back up again... It does the same thing as well in 1st, like when im drivng through a parking lot or something, ill be going at a steady speed and its all of a sudden like theres just no exhuast flow... But to the point of this post.. whenever my mustang is at a cold start, it always does that big rev to 2K and slowly drops down to normal idle rpms, and when its still in that reving down stage i try to cruise out of my driveway in 1st because there is just CRAZY flow going through it and it sounds bad *** because youre only going like 10 MPH, now i know thats not good for the engine to be drivng immediately off of a cold start, but i live in florida so its not like its 20 degrees out and i rarely ever do it.. When i do its usually because im late for work or something and its not even on purpose... But has anyone else done and experienced this? i just think it sounds really cool and wish it would stay like that after the cars warmed up...
Sppankyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Welcome to mustangs in general...my v6 sounds amazing cold start lol but once it drops idle its like a stock exhaust

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Yes mines does the same thing I have borla stingers. But thats how I like it. When im cruising its nice and smooth but once I punch it you hear me coming.
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Exact same thing happens to me. I have american thunders though.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Don't most cars run rich on cold start-up to reduce cold start emissions? Something about heating the cat quicker...
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sppankyy View Post
my 05 Mustang has borla atak and O/R H... When im cruising, say around 45 MPH ill keep it in 4th so i can still hear that nice growl, but it seems like as soon as the car gets up to speed and your going steady at 45 it gets really quiet, almost like youre not even on the gas, but as soon as your start to accelerate just a tiny bit it wakes back up again... It does the same thing as well in 1st, like when im drivng through a parking lot or something, ill be going at a steady speed and its all of a sudden like theres just no exhuast flow... But to the point of this post.. whenever my mustang is at a cold start, it always does that big rev to 2K and slowly drops down to normal idle rpms, and when its still in that reving down stage i try to cruise out of my driveway in 1st because there is just CRAZY flow going through it and it sounds bad *** because youre only going like 10 MPH, now i know thats not good for the engine to be drivng immediately off of a cold start, but i live in florida so its not like its 20 degrees out and i rarely ever do it.. When i do its usually because im late for work or something and its not even on purpose... But has anyone else done and experienced this? i just think it sounds really cool and wish it would stay like that after the cars warmed up...
My 09 with SLP's does it and I stand behind it loving every minute of it.
245ciPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 245ciPony View Post

My 09 with SLP's does it and I stand behind it loving every minute of it.
Completely normal. All cars do that actually just usually not 2K rpms, Ford is special
austinmueller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Could you post a video of your exhaust? I have borla ataks and I'm looking into getting an h pipe. Thanks
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
That's normal. Mine does the same thing.

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Does axle / cat backs require a retune?
DallasVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasVictory View Post
Does axle / cat backs require a retune?
Nope
austinmueller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
What you experienceing is called a open loop the computer has to be at a certain temp so o2 and all them goodies work properly
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
so i was looking back through old threads i started... heres the video thats about 6 months late..

Sppankyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT