Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Powder Coating Emblems

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dmarq 
#1 ·
I'm going to take my deck lid emblem, and both my side GT emblems to get powder coated black. I was wondering if anyone has done this before or has experience? Because I heard if they are plastic then they should NOT be powder coated and I'm not 100% they aren't plastic, any help is appreciated!!

#4 ·
Purposeful car damage is a whole separate issue. So what happens when they decide to "scrape" your newly pc'd emblems? At least with Plasti you can just redo them.

Understood what you are saying, just playing devils advocate. Pretty sure I'd be sitting in my car waiting for someone to be stupid then I'd "set an example".

#5 ·
I didn't think plastics could be powdercoated... don't things need to be metal so they can be grounded so the powder sticks before baking? I've been out of the car game for awhile though, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

OP, just go get some hobby paint and paint them yourself. They are only peeling it off because it is plastidip, and won't cause damage...I doubt they will take a key to your car to scrape off some paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.