Powder Coating Emblems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Powder Coating Emblems

I'm going to take my deck lid emblem, and both my side GT emblems to get powder coated black. I was wondering if anyone has done this before or has experience? Because I heard if they are plastic then they should NOT be powder coated and I'm not 100% they aren't plastic, any help is appreciated!!
Shadow322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow322 View Post
I'm going to take my deck lid emblem, and both my side GT emblems to get powder coated black. I was wondering if anyone has done this before or has experience? Because I heard if they are plastic then they should NOT be powder coated and I'm not 100% they aren't plastic, any help is appreciated!!
PlatiDip. Removal not necessary, cost effective and with same visual result. My .02.
madGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
They currently are Plasti-dipped, but I want a chrome black look, and also durability, there are idiots that go to my college that like to peel off the Plastidip
Shadow322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow322 View Post
They currently are Plasti-dipped, but I want a chrome black look, and also durability, there are idiots that go to my college that like to peel off the Plastidip
Purposeful car damage is a whole separate issue. So what happens when they decide to "scrape" your newly pc'd emblems? At least with Plasti you can just redo them.

Understood what you are saying, just playing devils advocate. Pretty sure I'd be sitting in my car waiting for someone to be stupid then I'd "set an example".
madGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I didn't think plastics could be powdercoated... don't things need to be metal so they can be grounded so the powder sticks before baking? I've been out of the car game for awhile though, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

OP, just go get some hobby paint and paint them yourself. They are only peeling it off because it is plastidip, and won't cause damage...I doubt they will take a key to your car to scrape off some paint.
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT