Yeah Bonus! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Yeah Bonus!

Got a bonus from work (sweet!) and after accessing the home situation going to use it for some mustang suspension. Got about 300 to spend and can chip in some extra if needed. I got in the SR springs and waiting on the panhard bar now. I'm looking at sway bar kits. What do you all have and or recommend. I plan on doing some autocross this year so trying to get my mustangs suspension tight! Also I came across this granatelli sway bar kit but can't find any reviews for it. Anybody know anything about them as a company and if they're ok? Any help appreciated!
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I got the same springs, I also got rear lower control arms by BMR and a J&M panhard that's
adjustable. You may not need the panhard but it's nice to have just in case. Are you going to
install the springs yourself? Most shops won't install lowering springs due to liability issues.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah it'll be and my friends that do it. We just installed a set of eibachs on my buddys mach 1 so I imagine it shouldn't be too much different or harder. I thought about lcas but I'm not sold on it them just yet. At least not enough to change the order in which I want to get things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 610swolf View Post
Yeah it'll be and my friends that do it. We just installed a set of eibachs on my buddys mach 1 so I imagine it shouldn't be too much different or harder. I thought about lcas but I'm not sold on it them just yet. At least not enough to change the order in which I want to get things.
LCA's make a huge difference. I was surprised. It really plants the tires, I could tell a difference in the rain also. I'm going to lower mine and replace struts and shocks, panhard, but so far LCA's is the only suspension mod.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ya I got the BMR LCAs and they really do make a difference. Like no wheel hop and the stock ones are just crap

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

how hard are they to put in? and are the J&M ones any good? also are you all talking about lower and upper or just one?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
We're talking about lower control arms. There not that hard to install. Probably an hour to install both. And the J&M ones are good. They make a good product

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 610swolf View Post
how hard are they to put in? and are the J&M ones any good? also are you all talking about lower and upper or just one?
They're real easy, I haven't replaced the upper yet. You basically jack up the axle , support it on jack stands, remove parking brake cable because it goes through the oem LCA, grease bushings, replace LCA's. Ford recommends ordering new bolts and nuts, they are considered a one time use. Check out some of the install instructions on AM. You will need a torque wrench to get the bolts to 129 ft.lbs.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Congratulations on the Bonus from work I will be getting a rather large one from work also in a few months. The only problem with my Bonus is I have to go to work in North Dekota for the next 3 months to earn it LOL I will be working lots of long hr. and 7 days a week.
I did the same thing last year and Banked over 15K in savings came home and paid cash for my Harley and put a nice down payment on my GT.

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
Congratulations on the Bonus from work I will be getting a rather large one from work also in a few months. The only problem with my Bonus is I have to go to work in North Dekota for the next 3 months to earn it LOL I will be working lots of long hr. and 7 days a week.
I did the same thing last year and Banked over 15K in savings came home and paid cash for my Harley and put a nice down payment on my GT.
Working oilfield or landman?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Working oilfield or landman?
oilfield support I'm a Field service tech (construction equipment mechanic) for a large rental equipment company

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
Old 02-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
oilfield support I'm a Field service tech (construction equipment mechanic) for a large rental equipment company
Cool, I'm a landman in Texas.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool, I'm a landman in Texas.
Cool I tried to get them to send me to Texas instead of North Dekota because its warmer in texas LOL the only other option I had was Canada and I told them I was not going to canada

Old 02-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
LCA's make a huge difference. I was surprised. It really plants the tires, I could tell a difference in the rain also. I'm going to lower mine and replace struts and shocks, panhard, but so far LCA's is the only suspension mod.
They do! They kill most of the Live axle feel. Feel great.

As for the quality of J&M. Their price will allow for some imperfections at times.

My story:

The one LCA was ever so slightly shorter than the other, so when I bolted on in and then unbolted the otherside, the resistance caused from the slightly shorter one swing the axle off the jackstand and the car teetered on 2 adjacent points and it took Allah, Jesus, Buddah and Yosemite Sam to hold the car falling and my friend running fast enough to push it back, which then took VERY careful maneuvering and Thor strength and effort to attached the second LCA while the car semi teetered. Will this happen to you? Probably not, but these are parts that need PERFECT length.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
They do! They kill most of the Live axle feel. Feel great.

As for the quality of J&M. Their price will allow for some imperfections at times.

My story:

The one LCA was ever so slightly shorter than the other, so when I bolted on in and then unbolted the otherside, the resistance caused from the slightly shorter one swing the axle off the jackstand and the car teetered on 2 adjacent points and it took Allah, Jesus, Buddah and Yosemite Sam to hold the car falling and my friend running fast enough to push it back, which then took VERY careful maneuvering and Thor strength and effort to attached the second LCA while the car semi teetered. Will this happen to you? Probably not, but these are parts that need PERFECT length.
Oh man, that is crazy. I think I would have had a heartattack if that happened to me.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

If you're planning on lowering your car, you may want to consider getting adjustable LCA's. If you get solid, then after lowering, you really to use relocation brackets so that it doesn't push the axle back and mess up the geometry. But the brackets can be installed later and aren't a big deal to put in.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
If you're planning on lowering your car, you may want to consider getting adjustable LCA's. If you get solid, then after lowering, you really to use relocation brackets so that it doesn't push the axle back and mess up the geometry. But the brackets can be installed later and aren't a big deal to put in.
Correct. Just by looking at it after my 1"inch drop you could see improper negative angle.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
hmmm...maybe these should be my first mod then you think? What do you think of the Eibach Pro-Alignment Rear Lower Control Arm? I don't know when I'll ever get around to lowering it...but midpipe, intake and tune are at the top of the list first after eliminating the wheel hop.
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarq View Post

hmmm...maybe these should be my first mod then you think? What do you think of the Eibach Pro-Alignment Rear Lower Control Arm? I don't know when I'll ever get around to lowering it...but midpipe, intake and tune are at the top of the list first after eliminating the wheel hop.
Those look pretty good. Double adjustable. I've Steeda and love them. Eibach makes good stuff. It'll be a huge improvement over stock.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Those look pretty good. Double adjustable. I've Steeda and love them. Eibach makes good stuff. It'll be a huge improvement over stock.
Cool...I will look into where these need to be adjusted to.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarq View Post

Cool...I will look into where these need to be adjusted to.
Just lay it next to stock one and make the same length. They need to be the same until its lowered.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just lay it next to stock one and make the same length. They need to be the same until its lowered.
Makes sense, thank you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

« new rims | Debate? »