My 4.6 3v build (near future) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine0587 View Post

No sir. I'm totally in love with them. There is a slight issue because of the stock torque converter which is also part of my build to resolve it. If you have a standard you won't have that problem.
Ya I have a standard. And I have been trying to figure out what cams to go with. Have a video of yours by chance.
FORDuhl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, loading it to Youtube right now. It's from before my cams were broken in so it's a little faster idle than now. I'll get another video up eventually of the after.

---------------------------------
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDuhl6 View Post
Haha thanks. But I won't have a 575 HP stang cause I don't wanna push it that much. In all honesty I would be more than happy around 475 whp.
Gig em!
I'm with you on that dude. 400whp - 450whp is all you need. Just so you can shut up those SS Camaros and RT Challengers when they want to try something. As long as you can beat them, they dont care how much power your pushing. Just that they know you'll spank that a$$ if the try and mess with you, lol.
Davo_281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, loading it to Youtube right now. It's from before my cams were broken in so it's a little faster idle than now. I'll get another video up eventually of the after.

What's the break in period?
FORDuhl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

1k miles should be good enough, but because of needing the car I went almost 1.5k until I had the time to take it back to get retuned.
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Anyone have Input or suggestions about my plans? Plans are install on3 turbo set up, change turbo to garrett 67 mm turbo (or turbonetics), tial wastegate and BOV, install livernois forged stroker 289 rotating assembly, install frpp cams, add second turbo and custom intake for twins and turn boost up to reach 650ish. Any comments? Suggestions? Thanks!
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I'd stay away from on3 turbo kits. There is a guy on this forum who has had a TON of problems with their kit on his GT. First they sent the wrong injectors, then the K member wasn't welded together properly, the fitment was pretty crappy, then the MAF they sent didn't work when he brought it to get it tuned, and on top of all of that he had to reuse ALL of his factory bolts and what not for everything that required them (which is total crap IMO.)
Old 03-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
I'd stay away from on3 turbo kits. There is a guy on this forum who has had a TON of problems with their kit on his GT. First they sent the wrong injectors, then the K member wasn't welded together properly, the fitment was pretty crappy, then the MAF they sent didn't work when he brought it to get it tuned, and on top of all of that he had to reuse ALL of his factory bolts and what not for everything that required them (which is total crap IMO.)
I totally agree, that is crap. The reason I said their kit is because their piping is actually very similar to that used by hellion and that is the only part I will be keeping out of the kit. I don't believe the s197 has a k member, I am ordering my own injectors (frpp) because hell, they are cheaper than on3 and more reliable! Also, I plan on buying a sct ba Maf for reliability. Its just that Hellion charges $3, 400 for their piping alone! That's absurd and over priced, youre just paying for their name. I will be replacing inj with 46 lb frpp, maf is sct ba as I stated, Garrett or turbonetics turbo head unit and specter air filter. What are your thoughts on this?

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Oh! And I'm going to talk to them about aftermarket bolts from them as a toss in.... or I can take my business to Hellion if they don't comply
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've been debating on these cams for a little while now. But I think i'm gonna go with Brenspeed. A couple people have recommended them to me.
Davo_281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post
I totally agree, that is crap. The reason I said their kit is because their piping is actually very similar to that used by hellion and that is the only part I will be keeping out of the kit. I don't believe the s197 has a k member, I am ordering my own injectors (frpp) because hell, they are cheaper than on3 and more reliable! Also, I plan on buying a sct ba Maf for reliability. Its just that Hellion charges $3, 400 for their piping alone! That's absurd and over priced, youre just paying for their name. I will be replacing inj with 46 lb frpp, maf is sct ba as I stated, Garrett or turbonetics turbo head unit and specter air filter. What are your thoughts on this?

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Oh! And I'm going to talk to them about aftermarket bolts from them as a toss in.... or I can take my business to Hellion if they don't comply
Yeah if you're going to use your own injectors and MAF and what not then you should probably be fine. You could maybe ask if you can just buy the piping. His was on a 99-04 GT so that's why it had a K member, but I was just throwing that in there to show that the entire kit was crap.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post

Yeah if you're going to use your own injectors and MAF and what not then you should probably be fine. You could maybe ask if you can just buy the piping. His was on a 99-04 GT so that's why it had a K member, but I was just throwing that in there to show that the entire kit was crap.
+111
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT