lowering questions? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 66
lowering questions?

Ok so i wanna lower my 05 gt and i have a few questions. I know when lowering these cars your supposed to do a panhard bar and camber.bolts and relocation brackets. I wanna get the sr performance springs from american muscle. Can i honestly get away with just doing the springs for right now due to.finances or whats the bare minimum id have to do so i dont have issues? And i know somones going to say to wait and spend the money but im just asking whats the minimum i can get away with. Btw the springs lower it 1.5 all around
BlacknRed05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustacheMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 247
I have a 05 sixxer, with those exact springs and really gave my car a mean look. I'm not sure since yours is a gt but from what I heard and learned, you can just have the springs and save up enough for the next part for handling. because all I did was springs and nothing else because the AM website said it was okay. hope this help man.
MustacheMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustacheMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 247
my car with the sr springs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1421521969.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	428.7 KB
ID:	96485   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1810922782.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	293.4 KB
ID:	96486  

MustacheMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
C_Dailey95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temecula
Region: California
Posts: 660
i lowered mine with just springs panhard bar and camber bolts and mine is just fine.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 66
Thanks guys im excited now. Do you guys think no panhard bar for a while can be ok?
BlacknRed05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 458
Blacknred,

Will you be interested in buying my springs,
I bought the SR springs from AM and also the camber bolts( two in total, one for each side).
Everything brand new in the box, if the shipping is not to much to your address I will sell them. What's your zip code and I could find out on Monday how much is the shipping.
I was planning on installing them in a few months but need to replace my pulleys first. If I don't loose alot we could work something out.
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
Blacknred,

Will you be interested in buying my springs,
I bought the SR springs from AM and also the camber bolts( two in total, one for each side).
Everything brand new in the box, if the shipping is not to much to your address I will sell them. What's your zip code and I could find out on Monday how much is the shipping.
I was planning on installing them in a few months but need to replace my pulleys first. If I don't loose alot we could work something out.
Yes im interesred my zip code is 32065 and what price are you thinking for all of it?
BlacknRed05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 458
Well let me find out whats the shipping rate, I don't want to loose a lot of money either. I'll pm you on Monday once I checked with the post office. If you could save a few bucks and I only loose a little that will work for me. Everything is brand new
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
Well let me find out whats the shipping rate, I don't want to loose a lot of money either. I'll pm you on Monday once I checked with the post office. If you could save a few bucks and I only loose a little that will work for me. Everything is brand new
Sounds good to me
BlacknRed05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknRed05gt View Post
Ok so i wanna lower my 05 gt and i have a few questions. I know when lowering these cars your supposed to do a panhard bar and camber.bolts and relocation brackets. I wanna get the sr performance springs from american muscle. Can i honestly get away with just doing the springs for right now due to.finances or whats the bare minimum id have to do so i dont have issues? And i know somones going to say to wait and spend the money but im just asking whats the minimum i can get away with. Btw the springs lower it 1.5 all around
Since they are unrelated installs, piece it together. Not an issue. The panhard issue isn't really a real PROBLEM it is just a negative on traction. But car will drive just fine with or without it.

Example, my car twisted right when slamming second on stock panhard after being lowered 1" since it shifed allwing the weight and power distribution to become uneven. This doesn't necessarily become a problem but it should eventually be corrected if you wan't maximum, straight line traction.

As for relocation brackets, they're useful but as to how much depends on how good or bad you launch at the track now. I went from 1.98 60' to 1.92 with them. Worth it to me but still nothing crazy. WIth my new drag radials I can see the reloc brackets becoming more useful.

Camber bolts are also not a problem. Unless they're in need of replacing, 1.5" is within the specs that shops can align within.

Piece it together. If you've never installed any of this, one at a time is better on the stress levels hehe.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmarq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
Since they are unrelated installs, piece it together. Not an issue. The panhard issue isn't really a real PROBLEM it is just a negative on traction. But car will drive just fine with or without it.

Example, my car twisted right when slamming second on stock panhard after being lowered 1" since it shifed allwing the weight and power distribution to become uneven. This doesn't necessarily become a problem but it should eventually be corrected if you wan't maximum, straight line traction.

As for relocation brackets, they're useful but as to how much depends on how good or bad you launch at the track now. I went from 1.98 60' to 1.92 with them. Worth it to me but still nothing crazy. WIth my new drag radials I can see the reloc brackets becoming more useful.

Camber bolts are also not a problem. Unless they're in need of replacing, 1.5" is within the specs that shops can align within.

Piece it together. If you've never installed any of this, one at a time is better on the stress levels hehe.
good info...thank you...answered some question s for me that I have yet to find solid answers to...springs are next for me!
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:35 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.