protective shell for my new ride - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #1

Region: Illinois
protective shell for my new ride

I just got my first stang a month ago, it's my daily driver. It's an 07 GT loaded and I just turned 8K on the miles.
I work at the railroad and have a nice 15 minute ride to work. 4 on 4 off, then 3 on 3 off twelve hour days. The only negative with this new job is that the parking lot is next to the power tracks, the tracks that they park the UP engines. There is an average of 20 engines and then throw in some semi trucks that are running almost all day. The 1st week I got the car I noticed small drops,circles, on the car. When I wiped them with my finger they smeared, I'm thinking maybe diesel? The engines blow it in the air through the exhaust and if the wind is right that crap hits the lot. I hadn't waxed it yet and I noticed faint stains after washing in theses spots. I clayed barred and did the 3 step mothers wax last weekend. Nice shine but I can still see the spots at the right angle. I don't have another car and there isn't another lot. I had the spots one day this week but after washing left no marks, wax worked.
So my remedy. Ordered the Griots 6" DA polisher, polish 3, paint sealer, best of show wax and carnauba wax stick. I'm gonna polish the ride, should remove the spots and remove the light swirls. Then use paint sealer, best of show wax and maybe a final coat of carnauba to finish it off. Then wax ever 2-3 months and paint seal again in 6 months. Hope it works!
I park as far as I can from the power and it has happened only twice so far, I also watch the wind and park accordingly. I'm thinking with the layers of protection and quick wipe down with detail spray or speed shine with a microfiber when it happens again, I should be OK. I'm thinking the 1st exposure was before I had a chance to wax the car, which is why it left spots.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
briankeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I would say get a car cover and throw it on every day at work.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
+100
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
What happens when it rains tho? Are you gonna stuff a sloppy wet car cover in the trunk? Car cover yes. But if it is gonna rain, I'd leave the cover off
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350 View Post

What happens when it rains tho? Are you gonna stuff a sloppy wet car cover in the trunk? Car cover yes. But if it is gonna rain, I'd leave the cover off
Water proof bag will be the solution, but you'd def need to dry it soon after to avoid mold.
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Www.carcapsule.com. Problem solved. Just need power!
Filf is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT