Borla Stingers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Borla Stingers?

I'm looking for a new axle back for my baby to give her a different sound. I have a set of pypes offroad h pipes off the car now because with the stock mufflers they sound "ricey" because of all the popping, banging and raspy tone (I find them raspy but I know x pipe is worse). Will the borla s type be louder than stock set up (05-09 muffler and catted h)? What kind of tone will it give the car? And if I throw the offroad h back on with the stingers, will it get ride of the popping back pressure and rasp? I'm looking for a deep and "muscled" as possible! Thanks for any advice !
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I've got the axle back Stingers on with the stock manifolds and H. They are deeper and louder than the stock mufflers. I get compliments from everyone saying it sounds really good. I also like the giant 4" tip on them that fills the exhaust opening very well. The only problem that I have is the tips are single rolled and the carbon build up on the bottom third of the tips. Just have to clean them 2-3 times a week to keep them looking good. All in all I love them and don't think I would change them.

Should also add that I also have a CAI, which from my ecperience makes the exhaust a little louder.
Silver06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have the style as well along with pypes long tube headers and o/r x, people always compliment the sound on mine! It's quiet enough when cruising but loud when you get on it. Before I had long tubes it was just a more tame tone
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

So do you guys think this is the way to go? Any other suggestions for axle backs? Would you say they are worth the money and you get your "bang for your buck"? Thanks.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Go with slp loud mouths and off road x or h...I have an off road x and my slps and it's not raspy at all. The sound clips on you tube sound like **** but in person it's amazing
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I find an offroad h raspy and poppy like a tuner, I wouldnt be able to go with an x lol. I've heard slps and they just aren't my style. Thanks though.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

You'll find people that will say borla is to expensive and what not but personally I'm the kind of person that spends money on something that I know has good rep...not saying other brands are crap I just like having good stuff...when I was stock manifolds and stock h the borla made it sound good and even better after! It all comes down to you if you want to spring for the price
Old 04-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Another good deciding factor is that AM has them on sale right now for $525, which I think is a steal!
Silver06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Go Borla.... Trust me.... Will never go to another exhaust system ever...
BorlaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

On summit, the axle backs are $480.66, I thought that was amazing! And im also talking to a guy that has a used set for $250. What do you guys think? Used or new? Does it make a difference if used or new? And are these two prices good considering all factors?
Old 04-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post
On summit, the axle backs are $480.66, I thought that was amazing! And im also talking to a guy that has a used set for $250. What do you guys think? Used or new? Does it make a difference if used or new? And are these two prices good considering all factors?
Get the ford racing version, looks cooler with the ford racing name on it.
Caster Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ford racing ones sound different though, but i mean if you like the sound!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:30 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash View Post
Ford racing ones sound different though, but i mean if you like the sound!
It's the same muffler made by Borla for Ford.
Caster Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that's why my boss has the ford racing one and I have borla and they sound different...
Old 04-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah that's why my boss has the ford racing one and I have borla and they sound different...
+1.... We had ford racing on ours....didnt really like it.... Borla sounds completely different for the better IMO....
Old 04-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

For sure his sounds alright at idle but when he gets on it im not a fan...I mean don't get me wrong it doesn't sound horrible but just not my taste
Old 04-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For sure his sounds alright at idle but when he gets on it im not a fan...I mean don't get me wrong it doesn't sound horrible but just not my taste
I agree totally...
Old 04-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Is the borla s type really a big improvement over premium stock? I've listened to MANY youtube videos and some sound drastically different and some sound very similar to stock. I want deeper and louder. I have a pypes offroad h pipe that I took off my car because of the popping/backpressure, made it sound ricey. Will the s type get rid of most of raspyness and popping?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Is the borla s type really a big improvement over premium stock? I've listened to MANY youtube videos and some sound drastically different and some sound very similar to stock. I want deeper and louder. I have a pypes offroad h pipe that I took off my car because of the popping/backpressure, made it sound ricey. Will the s type get rid of most of raspyness and popping?
Yes its diffrent at the idle mines sounds like stock. but when I push it its deep and loud. I just have the axle back with stock cats so with off road pipe it will be louder.
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Mine crackles at like 2500 rpms but I think that's due to my x pipe but I took my mufflers off to see the difference and those mufflers take away so much (in a good way!)...for the sound they produce while filtering all the rasp I can live with that small bit
Old 04-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Anybody on here have experience with an offroad h pipe amd borla stingers? Get rid of that rattle and popping?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

My point was the reason your popping is the o/r pipe, if you want to fix it put cats back on..the borla will lessen the popping but I doubt you'll ever get rid of it unless you get a real quiet muffler but then you lose the good tone
Old 04-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Not looking to lose ALL the popping because even stock with cats pops the odd time. I'm looking to minimize it because offroad with stock pops and bangs like CRAZY. Its non stop and sounds like a friggin tuner.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe I don't fully understand your problem because even when my exhaust was stock except my borla axlebacks it never popped/sounded like a tuner
Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe I don't fully understand your problem because even when my exhaust was stock except my borla axlebacks it never popped/sounded like a tuner
Im hoping for deep and loud to be honest. Ill be ordering a set of borla s types from summit racing on Friday! Anybody have experience with the s-types/s-types with offroad h?! I would love to hear your reviewsa

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Im hoping for deep and loud to be honest. Ill be ordering a set of borla s types from summit racing on Friday! Anybody have experience with the s-types/s-types with offroad h?! I would love to hear your reviews!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I have the borla atak axle backs and the only time i heard them pop was on a cold start and my uncle revved it up really high. But they are super load and deep with and off- road h.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I have the borla atak axle backs and the only time i heard them pop was on a cold start and my uncle revved it up really high. But they are super load and deep with and off- road h.
Does the exhaust still have that rattling sound to it with the offroads? Could I bug you for an exhaust clip?
Old 05-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

Does the exhaust still have that rattling sound to it with the offroads? Could I bug you for an exhaust clip?
I don't know what rattling you are talking about, mine has never rattled lol. But I only have a clip of the axle backs with stock mid pipe. It's in the shop now getting long tubes.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

The link wont open
Old 05-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Just ordered a set of Borla Stingers on amazon for $470! Just installed an O/R Prochamber last week, can't wait for the Stingers to get here. Ended up only paying $420 for them with a discount through amazon. Will post up a Vid as soon as I get them installed
Old 05-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully08GT View Post
Just ordered a set of Borla Stingers on amazon for $470! Just installed an O/R Prochamber last week, can't wait for the Stingers to get here. Ended up only paying $420 for them with a discount through amazon. Will post up a Vid as soon as I get them installed
Hey sully, mind sending me that code and a link to the ad?! Hahha
Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Hey sully, mind sending me that code and a link to the ad?! Hahha
Amazon.com: Borla 11750 Rear Section "S-Type" System Exhaust: Automotive

Above link is for the $470 sale price with free shipping. To save additional $50 I applied for a Amazon card... they give you a $50 gift card to use right away as your checking out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT