Engine Codes P0011 P0021 PLEASE HELP! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Engine Codes P0011 P0021 PLEASE HELP!

I keep getting engine codes P0011 and P0021 INTAKE CAMSHAFT POSITION TIMING-OVER ADVANCED (B1) (B2). I also get P0300 and P0316.
I have been getting the Random misfire codes P0300 since having my FRPP cams installed about a year ago but would turn the code off and just go about my drive because they would come every 300-500mls or so. They were only every now and then. I have had many mods since and nothing changed. I have recently had a stage 3 Exedy Mach 500 clutch installed and now I am throwing P0011 and P0021 codes and cannot get an inspection sticker. I live in Ma. I have retuned the car, checked alternator, car runs fine... cannot figure out what is causing it??? I have gotten the P0011 which is (B1) 3 times and the P0021 (B2) only once so far. None of the local garages around here know what it is. FORD wants $300 to even diagnose the car because its not stock. Please help. Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks guys...
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Check the following........

Incorrect camshaft timing
Wiring problems (harness/wiring) in intake timing control valve control solenoid system
Continuous oil flow to VCT piston chamber
Failed timing valve control solenoid (stuck open)

Also, do you recently have any oil leaks? I've seen the camshaft chain tensioner cover blow the o ring and you'll get these codes.

When you installed the cams did you get a tune to adjust the VCT?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
How do I check Camshaft timing? The wiring harnessin intake timing control valve control solenoid system? Continuous oil flow to VCT piston chamber? Failed timing valve control solenoid (stuck open)? I am not a mechanic... I am a nurse. There is no oil leaks as far as I know. I did just have the rear main seal and oil pan gasket replaced when the clutch was replaced because I did have an oil leak. I notified BAMA about my problem and they sent me a new tune. When I put the tune in with the latest firmware the car ran very sluggish and had total loss of power in 3rd and 4th gear and the code still came on, so I went back to the original Performance tune I was running. But when I had the cams installed a year ago, I never got the advanced timing engine codes, only random misfire on startup codes.
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
You'll need special diagnostic tools to trouble shoot your problem. I would either take it to a Ford Dealer or find a Automotive shop that has the diagnostic tools to determine your problem.

Good luck and I hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Sounds like a poor install or maybe as simple as needing a thorough dyno tune.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
After the initial install, you should not be getting an codes as long as you adjusting the tune to take into account the new cams.
When it was running ok, did it act ok at low to middle rpm's and then act up at higher rpm's?
The VCT doesn't kick in until higher rpm's, so any VCT issues may have been overlooked. But now it sounds like it's got some VCT issues. Did you change the weight of your oil?
Something has probably been wrong since the initial install and now it's affected something else.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
code table: Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Table Free Download
hellozaizai is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT