Fixing to re-paint my blue pony. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dpando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midland
Region: Texas
Posts: 67
Fixing to re-paint my blue pony.

I am going to keep it orginal.
Dpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: N/A
Region: Alabama
Posts: 229
Do it! Make sure you have a reputable body guy.

I just got mine repainted and refinished, people say it looks like a brand-new $30,000 car, it's an '06.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
eouellette18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 186
How much would that cost? I'd like to do it to. Keep it silver but instead of having blue racing stripe decals, I'd get them painted.
eouellette18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,633
I did the same last summer cost me 4500$ but I had a couple other things done custom if that seems high to y'all
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: N/A
Region: Alabama
Posts: 229
I have no idea since mine wasn't done all at once, but within a five month period... it's a long story.

I'd have to guess for a quality paint job, probably at least $3,000-$3,500+.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dpando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midland
Region: Texas
Posts: 67
Yall are going to think I am kidding, I bought the paint and clear for $500 and my bodyguy is charging me $1600. He does quality work, but I have to send my car across the border to Mexico. Ill post the before and after pics.
Dpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpando View Post
Yall are going to think I am kidding, I bought the paint and clear for $500 and my bodyguy is charging me $1600. He does quality work, but I have to send my car across the border to Mexico. Ill post the before and after pics.
Hope you get it back
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dpando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midland
Region: Texas
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post

Hope you get it back
The misconception of Mexico being a bad place aint all that bad. There are good people and bad people everywhere.
The guy was one of my students here, but had some trouble with his Visa. His family still here in the Texas they live a few houses down from me.
Dpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dpando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midland
Region: Texas
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post

Hope you get it back
I know the guy well, his brother lives in the same block I live in. They are good honest people.
Dpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpando View Post
The misconception of Mexico being a bad place aint all that bad. There are good people and bad people everywhere.
The guy was one of my students here, but had some trouble with his Visa. His family still here in the Texas they live a few houses down from me.
Mexico being bad is not a misconception. At all. The most dangerous cities in the WORLD is right across the border. As a whole it is statistically the most dangerous country in the world as a whole. Out of the top 20 most murder ridden cities on EARTH, Mexico took 9 slots.

That being said, just a tid bit of information because we're talking about paint lol.

I want to paint my 06 Vista Blue as well because this is a Ford we're talking about and quality is a crap shoot. My car is peeling clear everywhere and my entire right side of my car is dull and looks as if it was a bad paint job when it wasn't since it was perfect and is gradually declining.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dpando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midland
Region: Texas
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Mexico being bad is not a misconception. At all. The most dangerous cities in the WORLD is right across the border. As a whole it is statistically the most dangerous country in the world as a whole. Out of the top 20 most murder ridden cities on EARTH, Mexico took 9 slots.

That being said, just a tid bit of information because we're talking about paint lol.

I want to paint my 06 Vista Blue as well because this is a Ford we're talking about and quality is a crap shoot. My car is peeling clear everywhere and my entire right side of my car is dull and looks as if it was a bad paint job when it wasn't since it was perfect and is gradually declining.
Political Science is my cup of tea. I have factual evidence that those numbers are true, however my saying is also true. Good and bad is everywhere.
My pony will be done awesome. Wait till you see the pics.
Dpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpando View Post
Political Science is my cup of tea. I have factual evidence that those numbers are true, however my saying is also true. Good and bad is everywhere.
My pony will be done awesome. Wait till you see the pics.
Oh, absolutely. I live in Philly, which while the murder tolls are not always the highest by shear anomaly, since the total number of shootings are often thousands higher than those cities with more murders. Meaning people in Philly can't aim.

So to your point, I love my city and will never move unless I get some lucrative opportunity despite it's good and bad.

Yes, pic please.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
Good luck man, sounds like you got a pretty good deal!
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
I have a friend who can paint really good but he has no garage lol. So leaving the car out on the street is too dangerous for me seeing WHERE he lives.

$1600 isn't cheap so I would say it sounds like it will be a quality job.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dpando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midland
Region: Texas
Posts: 67
Once the job is finished I will see
Dpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: N/A
Region: Alabama
Posts: 229
Yeah, I'd like to see some pics when it's all said and done.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:24 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.