New Clear Turn Signal Lens Mod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
New Clear Turn Signal Lens Mod

I just spent about an hour installing my Clear Turn Signal Lenses. I think they look 100 percent better, like they should have come this way from the factory. Not a difficult mod, even though you have to pull the wheel off and take out the well liner.

Now I can't wait for the switchback bulbs I ordered to come in. Should have been here the same day since they are coming from the same place. For those not familiar with switchbacks they light up white like driving lights until you hit the turn signal then they flash amber. I'm getting the projector style, pretty neat in my book.

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01962.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	104207   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01964.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	911.0 KB
ID:	104208  

2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Nice, I've never seen that before. I've never heard of the switchbacks either. Kind of a sweet idea and could let me ditch the foglights if I ever want to.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
Nice, I've never seen that before. I've never heard of the switchbacks either. Kind of a sweet idea and could let me ditch the foglights if I ever want to.
Here's the switchbacks in action.
Attached Files
2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Boomdizzle,
I just noticed your signature, here is a picture of my wife's C4 and another with the mustang and the vette in some kind of stare down. LOL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01910_crop.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	630.0 KB
ID:	104592   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01881.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	104593  

Old 04-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You should look at this. Your new lighting arrangement looks to be Illegal in Arizona.

Format Document
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
You should look at this. Your new lighting arrangement looks to be Illegal in Arizona.

Format Document
Ok, I read that document and I don't see where I violate any of those "laws". They flash amber when I turn and they are clearly visable. I see ricers all the time that seem to get away with white bulbs flashing for turns so I can't see why I would be singled out. My buddy told me my halos were too blue and I would get pulled over for them and that was 2 years ago and it hasn't happened yet. I was pulled over for speeding and the officer never said anything about them and actually let me go with a warning after spending 30 minutes talking about mustangs, camaros, challengers, and vettes!

To tell you the truth my entire car is illegal since I have the rear O2 sensors turned off with my tuner...I only turn them back on to pass emissions then they get turned off when I get home. LOL
Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Format Document
Ok I went outside and shot another video while it's still dark out. Maybe there are details that I left out on the first video.

The company that sold me these lenses stated they are legal in all 50 states (US).

Please note that there is a small amber marker light on the side as well as an amber reflector. Some don't have the reflector which is ILLEGAL here in Arizona.

Oh and the lights look more blue on video than in person. I don't like real blue lights, I like the white lights with just a touch of blue. Trust me these are white.
Attached Files
Old 04-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:

Format Document
Yea, you need to read it again there NewMtang. They are not illegal by anymeans. All it says is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format Document
A signal lamp or lamps indicating the intention to turn shall be visible and understandable during daytime and nighttime from a distance of one hundred feet both to the front and rear.
I'm quite certain people will notice and understand what a flashing light on one side of the car will mean.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
[B][/Look at number 2. You didn't read all of it.B]

B. A stop lamp shall be plainly visible and understandable from a distance of one hundred feet to the rear both during normal sunlight and at nighttime. A signal lamp or lamps indicating the intention to turn shall be visible and understandable during daytime and nighttime from a distance of one hundred feet both to the front and rear. If a vehicle is equipped with a stop lamp or other signal lamps, the lamp or lamps shall:

1. Be maintained at all times in good working condition.

2. Not project a glaring or dazzling light.

Take a little trip down to the nearest Arizona Department of Public Safety to make sure.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

In person it's not GLARING or DAZZLING. That's just the way it hits the lens of the camera.

The human eye sees it much differently. Looks like a turn signal, period.

And no I won't be taking a trip down to DPS any time soon. I can see it now, "OK so their illegal, let me start it up so you can hear my exhaust too" LOL I'd walk away with about $1000 dollars worth of fix it tickets.

No thanks, they will have to pull me over first, I'm not turning myself in. Momma didn't raise no fool.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Its not illegal. Period. I've seen turn signals (front and rear) just like that and they're perfectly legal. Sometimes its better to not say anything and just let people think you are ignorant that to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Its none of your business if he wants to use them and its not your job to tell him whether or not they are legal.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:

Format Document
GTFO,
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Okay enough talk, everyone in this forum with an illegal mod on their mustang, drive down to the department of safety and turn yourself in...it's only right. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha are you kidding me.
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbs View Post
Okay enough talk, everyone in this forum with an illegal mod on their mustang, drive down to the department of safety and turn yourself in...it's only right. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha are you kidding me.
I thought we should go one step further. Lets all go to the local wrecking yards and have them put into the crusher. LOL

That is a terrible thought even as a joke...I have a sick mind.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have these on my stang too op! I've been thinking of getting LEDs for them too . Oh and btw, you don't HAVE to take the wheels off. I turned mine all the way in the opposite direction, disconnected the wheel well panel halfway and bent it back. Then just did everything through the gap. It's not too bad, you should do it this way when you change the bulbs, it's much easier.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1585881498.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	483.5 KB
ID:	105060  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirAndAsphalt View Post
I have these on my stang too op! I've been thinking of getting LEDs for them too . Oh and btw, you don't HAVE to take the wheels off. I turned mine all the way in the opposite direction, disconnected the wheel well panel halfway and bent it back. Then just did everything through the gap. It's not too bad, you should do it this way when you change the bulbs, it's much easier.
Trying not pulling the wheel, seemed to restrictive to me. I will use this method however when changing the bulbs.

Your car looks great, I think this mod looks great on red cars. Those amber lenses that came stock just look awful on our cars.

I was also in the military (USAF). Thank You for your Service.

Chuck
Old 05-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Where did you get the lenses and the bulbs I like them
Mark221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark221 View Post
Where did you get the lenses and the bulbs I like them
I got mine from American Muscle. The amber bulbs came with them, but I'm currently looking into getting some leds
Old 05-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Go to a lighting forum if you think they are illegal....Damn!

Old 01-22-2015, 07:18 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
those look sweet I'm buying those also…..what bulb size did you get???
Harp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:20 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harp12 View Post
those look sweet I'm buying those also…..what bulb size did you get???

Threads 2 years old home boy

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Cbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT