Smoked heads and fogs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Smoked heads and fogs

Hey, I saw someone on here that had a silver mustang I think and the entire front (headlights fog lights and mustang logo) blacked out and it looked sooooo sweet. I want that solid black bar look. A couple questions

Is it hard to install the smoked fogs and headlights

How much does this actually affect the visibility of the lights (I have hids so it shouldn't matter much cause they're brighter than stock but I still want my lights to illuminate the whole road) I live in a place I guess they didn't believe in street lights haha

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Oh and how much will this upgrade cost
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
The member you are talking about is silverskoundrel.

I have smoked heads and fogs from AM. The housing is smoked, while the lens is clear. Thus, you won't "lose" any light.

To install or replace headlights on an 05-09 you must remove the front bumper cover, not a hard task, just put aside about 2-3 hours. For fog lights, simply remove the upper grille and unscrew the fog light brackets from the grille, then swap the fog housings and screw them back into the grille.

Smoked CCFL halo headlights were $185 and smoked CCFL halo fog lights were $125 for me. Idk about smoked OEM-styled ones, probably cheaper.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Silverskoundral could you tell me how you got your look? And how much it cost you. I'd love to get that look on my blue mustang eventually once I have some spare cash

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
The member you are talking about is silverskoundrel.

I have smoked heads and fogs from AM. The housing is smoked, while the lens is clear. Thus, you won't "lose" any light.

To install or replace headlights on an 05-09 you must remove the front bumper cover, not a hard task, just put aside about 2-3 hours. For fog lights, simply remove the upper grille and unscrew the fog light brackets from the grille, then swap the fog housings and screw them back into the grille.

Smoked CCFL halo headlights were $185 and smoked CCFL halo fog lights were $125 for me. Idk about smoked OEM-styled ones, probably cheaper.
Thanks. I'm glad I won't be losing light cause I love the intensity of my lights. And thanks for the estimate
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT