Slow start - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Slow start

Ok I hope I can get some advice or suggestions from other fellow 4.6 owners.i have 2010 gt premium factory 3.73s.i hope y'all could get a picture of what I'm trying describe.before I turn the car fully on I let the needles do its sweep then turn it in no problem.now sometimes I guess depending what errands need to be done after a couple off n on start ups theres like delay on start up.feels like its gonna die but starts anyways.and this happens when the engine is warm.ive already taken it to ford twice had the battery replaced.secind time they don't know what's wrong.its becoming really annoying.theres no cel light whatsoever even autozone came with no codes.the dealership came up with nothing.but again its annoying.any suggestions.

And it's fully stock aside from my pype bomb axle backs
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
How many miles

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post
How many miles
Estimated ause I don't feel like going back outside 22700.she had 6900 when I got her last year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I went to wash her awhile ago started up rt away but I guess after a couple drives she has like slow start like its going to die but it doesn't.i don't want to put a tune if it might mess it up or blow something.i want to keep it n put a blower sometime in the very very near future.would like a 5.0 but I'm trying to keep a budget ya know.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I have what sounds like the same issues too with my NE. It was more problematic when I first got her but now it's very rare it does so. Only happens when the engine is warm or after driving. You would cut her off n then come back a lil bit later and go to start but it feels hesitant or act lik it doesn't want start n then slowly come alive?? If so I've searched for a answer here too and couldn't find a culprit unfortunately.
02mineralgreygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Might check the actual cables where it is crimped sometimes that will cause a really poor connection

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Oops hit send before I finished , where its crimped can get really corroded , had to spray and clean mine up 2 months ago for that reason
SSTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm still having this issue I miss my strong start ups now it just sounds like it struggles to turn over
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02mineralgreygt View Post
I have what sounds like the same issues too with my NE. It was more problematic when I first got her but now it's very rare it does so. Only happens when the engine is warm or after driving. You would cut her off n then come back a lil bit later and go to start but it feels hesitant or act lik it doesn't want start n then slowly come alive?? If so I've searched for a answer here too and couldn't find a culprit unfortunately.
That's exactly what mine was doing.after I took it to the dealership the head tech of a supercharged 5.0 found I had a bad maf sensor.starts up a lot better now.thank goodness for the warranty

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
I'm still having this issue I miss my strong start ups now it just sounds like it struggles to turn over
Check the maf sensor.i even had autozone check her out and she wasnt pulling any codes.but luckily I found the problem n hope nothing else goes wrong with her

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTHIS View Post
Might check the actual cables where it is crimped sometimes that will cause a really poor connection

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Oops hit send before I finished , where its crimped can get really corroded , had to spray and clean mine up 2 months ago for that reason
Already checked nothing corroded
Old 05-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

How do I check the MAF sensor other than checking for dirtiness lol
Old 05-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How do I check the MAF sensor other than checking for dirtiness lol
Honestly I just ended up taking it to the dealer.i didn't want to mess anything up.thw first 2times I took it they couldn't find anything but this time I guess something up n found it was the sensor.starts up a lot better.not I'm deciding whether I should start modding or trade for a 5.0.trying i find an 11-12 for the rt price.i love my baby but I also love the coyote.decisions decisions
Old 05-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post

Honestly I just ended up taking it to the dealer.i didn't want to mess anything up.thw first 2times I took it they couldn't find anything but this time I guess something up n found it was the sensor.starts up a lot better.not I'm deciding whether I should start modding or trade for a 5.0.trying i find an 11-12 for the rt price.i love my baby but I also love the coyote.decisions decisions
So that was it just new mAf sensor ? Hmm I'll see if I can get my hands on one
Old 05-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So that was it just new mAf sensor ? Hmm I'll see if I can get my hands on one
Maybe every cars different.in my case it was the sensor.take it to the dealer have them check it.although my problem is gone i did notice that it did do it again so I am keeping an eye on it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT