06 GT Grinding Noise??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #1

Region: Massachusetts
06 GT Grinding Noise???

My 2006 GT is making a very weird noise when idoling and now has progressed to when im driving. Me and a friend thought it was a pully or belt squeek but we pulled the belt off to check and started the car. With the belt off, the car still made a noticeable grinding noise. Anyone had this problem and any solutions? it sounds like it will get worse as i drive it so im not going to. Any suggestions will be apreciated. Thanks!
Dodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be an exhaust leak. Check around your headers gaskets. You can also use a short piece of flexible hose like a stethoscope to help pinpoint the sounds source
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #3

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine0587 View Post
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be an exhaust leak. Check around your headers gaskets. You can also use a short piece of flexible hose like a stethoscope to help pinpoint the sounds source
Ya i looked into that too but it wasnt it. The thing is, it sounds like a pump or something. it starts with a squeek and has a grinding noise for like 30 seconds, 5 second pause, then back to the squeek and grind. My friend thought it was a tranny seal or maby a blocked valve. And im preying its not something internal with the motor.
Dodd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT