spinning need help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
spinning need help!

Im spinning in first and sometimes second on 275/40R18 BF Goodrich G-Force KWD tires! The traction control will either kick in or if its off, the rear end will slide out and I have to get out of the gas.

All suspension is stock but what will get rid of this spinning and make me hook?!
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Daily a drag radial lol
Scotts197gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The drag radial will wear out very quickly wont It? The bf goodrich is a performance summer tire

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Will lca's, upper controls, sways, springs, etc work? If so, whats the best combo to eliminate wheel hop and wheel spin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post
The drag radial will wear out very quickly wont It? The bf goodrich is a performance summer tire

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Will lca's, upper controls, sways, springs, etc work? If so, whats the best combo to eliminate wheel hop and wheel spin?
I had massive wheel hop with my 06 gt when I bought it stock. Stock tires and everything. I bough ford racing lowering springs and just that eliminates wheel hop 100 percent for me. Never have I experienced it again after the lowering kit. and yes, they will wear quicker.. What's done to your car?
Scotts197gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Just little bolt on have been done.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
If it's mostly wheelspin - are you in a cold area? That's the only obvious thing I can think of...

If it's wheel hop, aftermarket adjustable LCAs and a drop will eliminate it.
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarq View Post
If it's mostly wheelspin - are you in a cold area? That's the only obvious thing I can think of...

If it's wheel hop, aftermarket adjustable LCAs and a drop will eliminate it.
I do live In ontario canada but its nice weather here (25+ degrees celsius) and will only get warmer from there.

I cant mash the gas in first or second without it spinning and the back end sliding out to one side.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I've been looking around a lot at tires because I have the same issue...my tires spin like crazy...I have the pirelli p zero nero all season and it has a tread wear rating of 400...which is just fine cruising around but does nothing for grip when you step on it. I spin and fish tail a bit when slamming into 2nd easily, and my car is bone stock aside from the pypebomb ABs I have on. The tires you bought have a tread wear rating of 300 so they are probably not much better than mine...drag radials have tread wear rating of 100, I've seen 40 and I've also seen N/A haha - the lower the rating, the softer the tire and the more grip, which means they wear out a lot faster.

So next time you shop...maybe look for something with a tread wear rating of 220 and under...that's what I will be doing. There a quite a few options from Dunlop, Pirelli, Nitto just to name a few.
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Upper and lower control arms help. My much spins too but I just ride it out hah. If you want to hook hard from a stop you need drag radials.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT