05 gt ac vent mounting piece name? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
05 gt ac vent mounting piece name?

Hey guys, don't post much as there really hasn't been any funds for the car since its purchase aside from gas haha. I have been searching far and wide with only frustration found. I have a giant hole in the middle of my dash where the ac/heater vents are, I have the actual vent / chrome ring and black sleeve they connect to. What I am missing is the small grey plastic piece that attaches to the aluminum colored dash panel and holds the entire vent piece in.

Does anyone know this parts name or even part number? Where I could get one online? I would call the bone yards around western mass but I don't know what to ask for. I can take pics if more explanation is needed but any help would be greatly appreciated as the gaping whole looks horrendous.
The Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
Hey guys, don't post much as there really hasn't been any funds for the car since its purchase aside from gas haha. I have been searching far and wide with only frustration found. I have a giant hole in the middle of my dash where the ac/heater vents are, I have the actual vent / chrome ring and black sleeve they connect to. What I am missing is the small grey plastic piece that attaches to the aluminum colored dash panel and holds the entire vent piece in.

Does anyone know this parts name or even part number? Where I could get one online? I would call the bone yards around western mass but I don't know what to ask for. I can take pics if more explanation is needed but any help would be greatly appreciated as the gaping whole looks horrendous.
Go to the Ford dealer and have them look it up, they have schematics on their computers. Then get the part number and ask the price. In all likely hood you'll have buy the entire assembly. Same in a junk yard, have to buy the whole assembly and get the part you need out of it.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Thx for the response unfortunately my hours and fords parts hours don't match up, i have called 3 different dealers all gave me 3 different answers and prices over 100$ which is far to expensive at that price ill just do custom fiber glass so I rather find the name and keep searching part outs / junk yard / online. Here's a pic in case some don't know what piece I'm referring to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1865733538.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	487.7 KB
ID:	107779  
The Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
Thx for the response unfortunately my hours and fords parts hours don't match up, i have called 3 different dealers all gave me 3 different answers and prices over 100$ which is far to expensive at that price ill just do custom fiber glass so I rather find the name and keep searching part outs / junk yard / online. Here's a pic in case some don't know what piece I'm referring to.
Seems like you could get the whole piece at a junk yard fairly cheap. But I understand sometimes those odd little trim pieces are hard to describe and get.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT