Can axlebacks get quite after sometime - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Can axlebacks get quite after sometime

Hope this is not a dumb question but just curious.ive had my pypes pype bomb for about a year now.when I would punch it just for fun they roared at all rpms.now that I really listened to it when I punch it after I'm guessing 5000 rpms it doesn't sound loud.seems loud then I hear more motor after that.still loud at regular speed.is that normal or should I check something.going to replace anyways but is this normal for any ab
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Normally over time they get louder. You might just be getting used to the sound of them.
Silver06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver06GT View Post
Normally over time they get louder. You might just be getting used to the sound of them.
I hope that's the case.ive just really started to listen turn the music off let loose,loud until 5000 and I hear more engine than exhaust.only in first gear then its normal after.just seemed quiter when it sounds like a monster at first
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
You are getting use to them for sure lol I have same axle back and I notice the same thing. I don't think they're quiet by any means but definitely don't seem as loud as when I installed them. Nothing wrong at all.
stang2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang2008 View Post
You are getting use to them for sure lol I have same axle back and I notice the same thing. I don't think they're quiet by any means but definitely don't seem as loud as when I installed them. Nothing wrong at all.
Haha ok I thought I was trippin cause wow they just seem quite to me n I don't like it ha.i miss it when it was loud when I first installed them.i mean either I'm gonna change it up.if I don't get a 5.0 first
Old 05-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post
Haha ok I thought I was trippin cause wow they just seem quite to me n I don't like it ha.i miss it when it was loud when I first installed them.i mean either I'm gonna change it up.if I don't get a 5.0 first
It's loud to everyone else on the road though lol I feel bad going through the neighborhoods sometimes. Not that I'm speeding, but sometimes I won't shift and let the high rpms scream. But I hear you, I want more sound with mine too.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's loud to everyone else on the road though lol I feel bad going through the neighborhoods sometimes. Not that I'm speeding, but sometimes I won't shift and let the high rpms scream. But I hear you, I want more sound with mine too.
Yea I'm the same way.i leave the house for work at 445 and my neighborhood is pretty much a old folk(kinda)so I shift to second at 2000 to keep it low.bit I miss that loudness it had.made those soda can ricers look n pull over like im the ambulance ha.they always try I race but I rev up do a lil pretend take off let the wheels spin.they end up take off slow
Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I'm the same way.i leave the house for work at 445 and my neighborhood is pretty much a old folk(kinda)so I shift to second at 2000 to keep it low.bit I miss that loudness it had.made those soda can ricers look n pull over like im the ambulance ha.they always try I race but I rev up do a lil pretend take off let the wheels spin.they end up take off slow
It's there trust me. You're just accustomed to it and it doesn't phase you. But when you rev your engine, everyone around you is going woahhhh. I love the look on people's faces when I do that.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's there trust me. You're just accustomed to it and it doesn't phase you. But when you rev your engine, everyone around you is going woahhhh. I love the look on people's faces when I do that.
Yup turns heads n you will be heard.the bombs are the only ab that I liked cause it was loud n deep.all the other ones just didnt ctmatch my attention at all way to quite for my taste.i like loud juts not over excessive loud.just enough for ppl to move over when Im they hear me
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

quite what?
KickinClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickinClaire View Post
quite what?
Haha didnt think anyone read these old post but idk just seems quite not as loud like it was but like some of the guys say my ears probably got used to it
Old 06-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Haha didnt think anyone read these old post but idk just seems quite not as loud like it was but like some of the guys say my ears probably got used to it
Well at first the mufflers are a little louder cuz they have to break in. After about 2 weeks of driving they will quiet down a hair.

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang23 View Post

Well at first the mufflers are a little louder cuz they have to break in. After about 2 weeks of driving they will quiet down a hair.
Pypes pype bomb axle back don't have mufflers. Just resonators.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pypes pype bomb axle back don't have mufflers. Just resonators.
I know I'm just saying before they were loud.now I just think my ears are used to it cause they seem quieter but still has that deep aggressive tone.i want to keep them but don't know what mid pipe to put on but then again I want that muffler hollow sound as well like the m80s.just don't like the high pitche sound of the pypes x
Old 06-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver06GT View Post
+1 that's what I was thinking.
IIAMSTARK is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT