I want louder! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
AlexMcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 51
I want louder!

Alright I've posted on whether or not I should get an O/R H or X pipe or not with my SLP LM1 axle-backs.. But all I want to do it make my exhaust louder without changing the tone a whole lot.. I don't like raspy very much which is why I leaned towards the H pipe but does anyone else have suggestions? I'm open to anything and everything (that doesn't kill my wallet) so post your opinions and even videos would be much appreciated, thanks!
AlexMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Just go all out, O/R X with LM1s

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

kidding, If you want a sweet tone i would recommend going with a prochamber.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang936's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 406
Almost anything with an o/r mid will have a raspy note to it, but like soccerluvr said just go all out man o/r x and slps are awesome.
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
08mustanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: milton
Region: Canada
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMcD View Post
Alright I've posted on whether or not I should get an O/R H or X pipe or not with my SLP LM1 axle-backs.. But all I want to do it make my exhaust louder without changing the tone a whole lot.. I don't like raspy very much which is why I leaned towards the H pipe but does anyone else have suggestions? I'm open to anything and everything (that doesn't kill my wallet) so post your opinions and even videos would be much appreciated, thanks!
Every offroad will kinda be raspy and bave a rattle to it (I have offroad h and x at my house and took both off). Also, whhen there are no catts, a lot of backpressure is created and your exhaust will make a loud banging and popping sounds when that pressure is released. My suggestion for the BEST sounds possible is:
Obx longtube headers with high flow resonated h pipe and borla s type (stinger) axlebacks. The headers will increase volume, the offroad h pipe will add TONS of volume, the high flow resonaters will take away a very small amount of volume (making it bearable to drive but still piss off your neighbors loud) and the borlas give a REALLY mean, deep, old school muscle sound.

In my opinion, combo that with some frpp hot rod cams for some amazing hp and tq gains and an AMAZING old school sound that will win shows and turn heads. (Expect about 40 rwhp gains with cams if you have long tubes, about 10-15 hp gains from longtubes alone, 5-10 hp gains from borla axlebacks as they are free flowing axlebacks and about 5-10 hp gain from mid pipe for a whopping 60-70 hp gains from exhaust alone (provided you have a great tuner))

Now pricing. This is where it gets a bit nippy.
-OBX Longtube Headers With Offroad and resonated H Pipe ~$470
-Borla Stinger Axlebacks ~$485 (summit)
-FRPP Hot Rod Cams ~$750-800

All in all, id say its TOTALLY worth the money for your car to sound and feel/pull like a beast.
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
AlexMcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post

Every offroad will kinda be raspy and bave a rattle to it (I have offroad h and x at my house and took both off). Also, whhen there are no catts, a lot of backpressure is created and your exhaust will make a loud banging and popping sounds when that pressure is released. My suggestion for the BEST sounds possible is:
Obx longtube headers with high flow resonated h pipe and borla s type (stinger) axlebacks. The headers will increase volume, the offroad h pipe will add TONS of volume, the high flow resonaters will take away a very small amount of volume (making it bearable to drive but still piss off your neighbors loud) and the borlas give a REALLY mean, deep, old school muscle sound.

In my opinion, combo that with some frpp hot rod cams for some amazing hp and tq gains and an AMAZING old school sound that will win shows and turn heads. (Expect about 40 rwhp gains with cams if you have long tubes, about 10-15 hp gains from longtubes alone, 5-10 hp gains from borla axlebacks as they are free flowing axlebacks and about 5-10 hp gain from mid pipe for a whopping 60-70 hp gains from exhaust alone (provided you have a great tuner))

Now pricing. This is where it gets a bit nippy.
-OBX Longtube Headers With Offroad and resonated H Pipe ~$470
-Borla Stinger Axlebacks ~$485 (summit)
-FRPP Hot Rod Cams ~$750-800

All in all, id say its TOTALLY worth the money for your car to sound and feel/pull like a beast.
Do you have a video of this setup?
AlexMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
08mustanggt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: milton
Region: Canada
Posts: 630
Not with the obx header combo. Listen to videos of the obx and then videos of the borlas, you will be amazed. im looking at getting a set of obx headers next week after pay day!
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sully08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Delaware
Region: Delaware
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Just go all out, O/R X with LM1s

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

kidding, If you want a sweet tone i would recommend going with a prochamber.
Im installing my O/R Prochamber tomorrow morning. Already have Pypes Violators on there, should be pretty loud. Ill post a video as soon as I can.
__________________
Current Mods: Bama 93 Race Tune, Borla Stingers Axle-Back, Prochamber O/R mid pipe, JLT Series 3 CAI, Koni STR.T Shocks and Struts & Steeda Ultralites
Sully08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
Does anybody know where I can't find a pacesetter x pipe i can't find one anywhere.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

For long tubes
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
I have SLP LM1s on now..UPR o/r x goes on tomorrow!!! Can't wait to post some vids
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
AlexMcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully08GT View Post

Im installing my O/R Prochamber tomorrow morning. Already have Pypes Violators on there, should be pretty loud. Ill post a video as soon as I can.
Awesome, can't wait to hear how it sounds! I'm thinking prochambers might be the way to go
AlexMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
The prochamber isn't the loudest, but it sure as hell sounds the best.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sully08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Delaware
Region: Delaware
Posts: 62
Just got it installed! Sounds great. Little louder at start up, about the same volume at idle but much deeper and loud as hell at WOT! Didn't have time to get a video but ill post one on tomorrow.
__________________
Current Mods: Bama 93 Race Tune, Borla Stingers Axle-Back, Prochamber O/R mid pipe, JLT Series 3 CAI, Koni STR.T Shocks and Struts & Steeda Ultralites
Sully08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
MarkKorsakas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lincoln
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 80
Would love to hear your system. Sounds like it's a beast.
MarkKorsakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:31 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.