Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Illegal? Smoked tails?

5K views 60 replies 34 participants last post by  Torchredfrankie 
#1 ·
Hey. So I realize it's illegal but what I want to know is how much trouble is it really going to cause me. Am I going to be getting pulled over every time a cop sees me?
Thanks!

#21 ·
I can answer this for you. I had my other stang with tinted tail lights I never got a ticket until I went to Austin. You will get what they call fix a ticket. Take a pic with the tint on then take a pic with the tint off send in $10 and the pics that's it. I used Lens Tint on mine. I never had any problems for 6 months with it tinted until I went to Austin.

#22 ·
It depends on how strict the cops in your area are. For instance, on an older mustang I used to have, the headlights were HID's and the taillights were tinted a little, and I never got pulled over or even followed for that matter. There have been some times where they look at them a little suspiciously, but they never come after me. I guess its a gamble, sometimes you may be caught, other times you won't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.