borla stingers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
borla stingers

I ordered borla stingers for my 08 GT. It should be arriving tomorrow. How happy/disappointed will I be?
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Shoot son!! First thing I but on my 08! Couldn't of been happier!! Then I bought headers and a o/r x an then I was happier....hahaha
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Im hoping to stay with h pipe. Do you find the borlas are louder than stock? And how was the offroad pipe with them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah there louder and the only thing about going with the o/r is you get a crackly sound from it at times but it don't bother me any...then you get people that say its raspy and this and that but the mufflers will tone down a lot!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash View Post
Yeah there louder and the only thing about going with the o/r is you get a crackly sound from it at times but it don't bother me any...then you get people that say its raspy and this and that but the mufflers will tone down a lot!
When I was stock except o/r h it was raspy and crackly but. Hoping the borlas will tone it down and make tamed but louder. Is it deep still with o/r?
Old 05-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah! I'm proud of my borla...people will tell you to buy for racing cause they're the same but they're not!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I just put on some stingers on my 08 GT yesterday. They sound great. Had Pypes Violators on there for the last year but I just swapped out the factory H for a O/R prochamber and the Violators didn't go we'll with it. They Borla's are nice and deep and def louder than stock! You won't be disappointed. Sounds down right mean with the off road mid pipe.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #8

Region: Indiana
Consider this unsolicited comment from a female colleague at work last week, "I can always tell when you come and go. Your car sounds so mean. I love it!" So you will get attention whether you want it or not.

And looking back, my '08 GT sounded good with just the Borlas. But when I added a JLT CAI and a Brenspeed tune, it really spoke up and roared. It still kinda thrills me when I step on it to accelerate in a strong way.

If you live in a quiet neighborhood, you'll want to keep the RPMs down in the morning. That way everybody sleeping in will just hear a mellow rumble. Then they'll smile and roll over and go back to sleep.
GregC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post
Consider this unsolicited comment from a female colleague at work last week, "I can always tell when you come and go. Your car sounds so mean. I love it!" So you will get attention whether you want it or not.

And looking back, my '08 GT sounded good with just the Borlas. But when I added a JLT CAI and a Brenspeed tune, it really spoke up and roared. It still kinda thrills me when I step on it to accelerate in a strong way.

If you live in a quite neighborhood, you'll want to keep the RPMs down in the morning. That way everybody sleeping in will just hear a mellow rumble. Then they'll smile and roll over and go back to sleep.
Amazing Greg! Just put them on guys and Ive gotta say, absolutely astounding. If anybody is ever sceptical or doesnt know what axlebacks to get, spring the extra coin and GET THE BORLA S TYPES! Been driving for the past 2 hours straight around town and already had 3 compliments from people pullig me over, a bunch of thumbs up and a ton of turned heads! Just amazing.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Heck yeah man!! Definitely worth the money!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT