Purge? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Purge?

So I'm looking into getting a cervini ram air hood in the near future and I personally think it would be cool to purge out of the nostril holes. I know this may be corny to some but it's just for show purposes and I like the idea so don't knock it haha. Anyway. Wanted to know if there were any systems people knew of that would allow me to do this?
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
What exactly do you mean by purge? I have the Cervini Ram Air. The vents are cut out and functional. I have not had a single problem. Even in pouring down rain.

Just to be clear, the filter for my CAI is inside my fender. Any water coming in through the hood would not get to it.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think he is talking about a nitrous purge which is were you purge the nitrous out of the system and it comes out looking like a spary. If i ever got a purge i would make it purge out of the pony in the front.
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
All I can say bro is where there is a will there is a way.
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang936 View Post
I think he is talking about a nitrous purge which is were you purge the nitrous out of the system and it comes out looking like a spary. If i ever got a purge i would make it purge out of the pony in the front.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. So is nitrous the only thing you can do that with? And what kinda time and money am I looking at to hook up a purge system
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbs View Post

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. So is nitrous the only thing you can do that with? And what kinda time and money am I looking at to hook up a purge system
Well.. You have to have a nitrous kit first of all. And then the purge kit. The hood cost. All the install and paint for the hood. Run you over 2 grand for sure if not 2500. Nitrous purge can be used for only show purposes but it's mainly to clear the lines of any excess nitrous and causing a detonation.. With that said, you'll not only be using the nitrous to "show off the purge cloud" but also to have a little fun =)
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
There's also a co2 purge kit out there you can get if you don't want the nitrous but that seems really ricey to me. May as well make it functional for the extra boost in power if you ever need it.
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT