what's it going to take - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
what's it going to take

Well hears my question what will it take to be quicker than a stock camaro ss 426 hp is what the manual car has and 400 in the auto.
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
FI!
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
That's in the near future but I don't think I need that to beat a ss a zl1 yes but not a ss
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 983
Just go F/I an you'll leave them in the dirt
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
The 05-09 GT's run what a 13.9-14.0. The SS runs high 12's. maybe full bolt ons, dyno tune,suspension work, wheels and tires, weight reduction.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Sounds good
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Full bolt on and suspension along with gears cams and a nice tune you would walk them
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
Full bolt on and suspension along with gears cams and a nice tune you would walk them
Garbill2003 just asked a question I wanted to ask but wasnt sure how much its been asked but other than that.my 2010 already came with 373s.if I decide to keep my baby did full bolt ons cams whats another mod that I can do to the engine to make it run with them as well as 5.0s?idk much about heads or pistons but always read people mention better heads this n port n polished that.i know a built engine is good and I do plan to do fi but not now.what would I need n where to buy for these things.dont want to do to to much just enough to make people say "daaaaaamn that car is quick"haha
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post

Garbill2003 just asked a question I wanted to ask but wasnt sure how much its been asked but other than that.my 2010 already came with 373s.if I decide to keep my baby did full bolt ons cams whats another mod that I can do to the engine to make it run with them as well as 5.0s?idk much about heads or pistons but always read people mention better heads this n port n polished that.i know a built engine is good and I do plan to do fi but not now.what would I need n where to buy for these things.dont want to do to to much just enough to make people say "daaaaaamn that car is quick"haha
If you're talking about 1/4 mile, yeah I suppose a mild port and polish wouldn't hurt anything on the heads but suspension is where it's at.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post

Garbill2003 just asked a question I wanted to ask but wasnt sure how much its been asked but other than that.my 2010 already came with 373s.if I decide to keep my baby did full bolt ons cams whats another mod that I can do to the engine to make it run with them as well as 5.0s?idk much about heads or pistons but always read people mention better heads this n port n polished that.i know a built engine is good and I do plan to do fi but not now.what would I need n where to buy for these things.dont want to do to to much just enough to make people say "daaaaaamn that car is quick"haha
You can build the motor to beat the 5.0s. But it would be a lot cheaper to go fi. I got a price on my 05 to have it built, the price started at $7,500 and went up from there. I took the build money, and bought the 5.0
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

You can build the motor to beat the 5.0s. But it would be a lot cheaper to go fi. I got a price on my 05 to have it built, the price started at $7,500 and went up from there. I took the build money, and bought the 5.0
+1
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
If you're talking about 1/4 mile, yeah I suppose a mild port and polish wouldn't hurt anything on the heads but suspension is where it's at.
Naw she won't see any track days.maybe maybe once or twice in we life I keep her.i don't street race but I like to go fast.i want to give other cars that feel eh hes just another car till they see my tail lights.and fi would be nice but rather do some engine work.i know the better solution is to pay down then trade for the 5.0s but then I don't want to start all over again on the loan ya know.how much go does that give you n what else do you recommend and where to get.sorry so long
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
You can build the motor to beat the 5.0s. But it would be a lot cheaper to go fi. I got a price on my 05 to have it built, the price started at $7,500 and went up from there. I took the build money, and bought the 5.0
Yea that's where I'm stuck.i want to keep my car build her up but also fell in love withr the 5.0s.having to wait pay down so I won't be in the negative sucks haha.going fi on a stock motor is more reasonable and want to be somewhere around 450-475ish but afraid something will go wrong.5.0 will be nice finding the rt 11-12 is hard and the 13 is over my budget more on my insurance.decisions decisions
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post

Naw she won't see any track days.maybe maybe once or twice in we life I keep her.i don't street race but I like to go fast.i want to give other cars that feel eh hes just another car till they see my tail lights.and fi would be nice but rather do some engine work.i know the better solution is to pay down then trade for the 5.0s but then I don't want to start all over again on the loan ya know.how much go does that give you n what else do you recommend and where to get.sorry so long
Hmm. Well do a 5.3 stroker with nasty cams and heads to match with a mean tune lol. Check out MMR or JDM
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:28 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wolverine0587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Copperas Cove
Region: Texas
Posts: 359
You should look up what Im using on the 'my 1000hp build' thread way back. None of its been built yet, but the motor is gonna be pretty solid.
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
If I didn't enjoy building my own cars so much I would have just bought the gt500 but what fun would that be
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine0587 View Post
You should look up what Im using on the 'my 1000hp build' thread way back. None of its been built yet, but the motor is gonna be pretty solid.
Yea I remember that thread.what you making with just tht motor
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wolverine0587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Copperas Cove
Region: Texas
Posts: 359
Since I haven't gotten it together and running yet. I can only assume it would be the same output as the 5.4 3v in an 2007 f-150 at the crank.
Wolverine0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:25 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.