On3 Turbo is in - Page 11 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #351
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
U should have it back by the end of the week. Lol
hahah still cracking me up on this subject, I think you're more excited then he is!
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #352
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I just want him to have what he paid for (the first time). Now he gets an even better one.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #353
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Man I can't wait, my dad traded his car for the 2013 ecoboost f150 with twin turbos, now after the whistle of his truck I'm even more anxious to get my car lol.
thatmustangguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #354
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatmustangguy View Post
Man I can't wait, my dad traded his car for the 2013 ecoboost f150 with twin turbos, now after the whistle of his truck I'm even more anxious to get my car lol.
you just got a nice preview then! your car is about to be a little beast, wish I could do that to mine right now. well at least the bottom end rebuild and piece together either a pro charger or turbo kit
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #355
Registered Member
Regular

Yea it's gonna be a whole new car, built block, ported heads, 70mm turbo, 60# injectors, stage 3 clutch, and a heavy right foot lol.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #356
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea it's gonna be a whole new car, built block, ported heads, 70mm turbo, 60# injectors, stage 3 clutch, and a heavy right foot lol.
you sir are to lucky lol

Old 09-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #357
Registered Member
Regular

Alright now I am waiting on pictures, a walk around video, something!!

Old 09-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #358
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I went up there today, you guys are about to be as disappointed as I am. He's waiting on the gasket for the timing chain cover and will have the motor in tomorrow. And will begin the turbo install the following day. The guy who screwed my car also screwed up the turbo kit. He'll have to spend a couple days redoing the whole kit. And then a full day of tuning it for driveabilty, give it to me, I put about 500 miles of no boost driving on the motor and clutch to break it in, and then send it back for the real tune. So we got probably another two weeks to go.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #359
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I went up there today, you guys are about to be as disappointed as I am. He's waiting on the gasket for the timing chain cover and will have the motor in tomorrow. And will begin the turbo install the following day. The guy who screwed my car also screwed up the turbo kit. He'll have to spend a couple days redoing the whole kit. And then a full day of tuning it for driveabilty, give it to me, I put about 500 miles of no boost driving on the motor and clutch to break it in, and then send it back for the real tune. So we got probably another two weeks to go.
Actually not disappointed, I would rather for your sake and mine for reading that it's done right and finished the way it needs to be the second time. this is one reason why I do all my own work no matter what it is. mainly because I have access to anything and everything I need. but hey, once it's done you're going to have a nice little ride to rev up every now and then!

Old 09-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #360
Registered Member
Regular

Yea thanks man, this is gonna be a long two weeks though lol
Old 09-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #361
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah definitely, I could put 500 miles on it really fast just for the sake of having to do it.. Road trip! Lol

Old 09-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #362
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
I think your long two weeks is gonna be about as long as ours because we have to hear if anything else goes wrong.. I won't know what the hell to do with my life when this thread is done.. =( haha
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #363
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1992 View Post
I think your long two weeks is gonna be about as long as ours because we have to hear if anything else goes wrong.. I won't know what the hell to do with my life when this thread is done.. =( haha
well we all learned a valuable lesson just in case we decide to do a turbo lol. I won't either, I have been following this since day one.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #364
Registered Member
Regular

Yea the 1st guy screwed my car so bad, I was close to throwing in the towel and getting a kenne bell. But naww I gotta stick with the turbo.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #365
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Yea the 1st guy screwed my car so bad, I was close to throwing in the towel and getting a kenne bell. But naww I gotta stick with the turbo.
+1
Old 09-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #366
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMonkey100 View Post

well we all learned a valuable lesson just in case we decide to do a turbo lol. I won't either, I have been following this since day one.
The turbos not the problem, the moron of the installer is! xD
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #367
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post

The turbos not the problem, the moron of the installer is! xD
You can blame it on whomever or whatever but the fact remains that his engine is toast whether it was the engine, turbo, or installer that caused it.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #368
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

You can blame it on whomever or whatever but the fact remains that his engine is toast whether it was the engine, turbo, or installer that caused it.
Well not really. If you go into high boost with ANY forced induction, detonation is inevitable. Yes his wngine could have just been at the point of DET whilst N/A but it wouldn't roast his engine the way it did. It wasn't an improper install because it was making boost. Whether the boost was from a turbo, supercharsupercharger or even nitrous does not matter, the fact that it was roasted because somebody went into boost WITHOUT a tune or proper safety leading to the tuning process is clearly to blame. So you can't really blame it on anything, you HAVE to blame it on the person that detonated it because of an idiotic move of entering unsafe boost.
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #369
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post

Well not really. If you go into high boost with ANY forced induction, detonation is inevitable. Yes his wngine could have just been at the point of DET whilst N/A but it wouldn't roast his engine the way it did. It wasn't an improper install because it was making boost. Whether the boost was from a turbo, supercharsupercharger or even nitrous does not matter, the fact that it was roasted because somebody went into boost WITHOUT a tune or proper safety leading to the tuning process is clearly to blame. So you can't really blame it on anything, you HAVE to blame it on the person that detonated it because of an idiotic move of entering unsafe boost.
That is exactly what happened. He ran the oil lines wrong AND went into boost.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #370
Registered Member
Regular

Gonna have another update for you guys this week.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #371
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
How does On3 Performance single turbo kit compare to Hellion's kit

How does this kit compare to the Hellion kit?
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #372
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hellion kit is a very good kit unless you get the turbonetics turbo which is still a decent turbo but there are much better ones out there. Get what you pay for
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #373
Registered Member
Regular

This is a great kit if your on a budget like me. But if you have the funds for a helion I say go for it.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

The install of a helion will be much easier.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #374
Registered Member
Regular

I read through all this in 10 minutes with the hopes of seeing an amazing turbo build accompanied by videos by page 11. This has been the most dissapointing let-down ever!

But man, I admire how cool you've been throughout this with all the **** you've been through. I mean $11,000 for a turbo build!!?!? Good thing you got your dad backing you in your turbo build, oh and of course all of these awesome guys on ME!

Can't wait to see the results. AND! If you forget to take a vid of you on the Dyno, I'm going to come find you....
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #375
Registered Member

Regular

This thread has been like a bad relationship for me. I broke it off with it twice but keep going back to it thinking things will get better lol.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #376
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
This thread has been like a bad relationship for me. I broke it off with it twice but keep going back to it thinking things will get better lol.
Bahaha
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #377
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Best. Comment. Ever.
Graham1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #378
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hahaha that's awesome.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #379
Registered Member
Regular

Well guys I got a update. My turbo is back on the car. It only took him one day to get it back on. Car will be ready in a couple days.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #380
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well guys I got a update. My turbo is back on the car. It only took him one day to get it back on. Car will be ready in a couple days.
Sweet!!

Old 09-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #381
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
HELL YEAH!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #382
Registered Member

Regular

Tease
Old 09-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #383
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Tease
+billion iv been waiting Patiently waiting for an update ! Im sick of waiting !!!!
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #384
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
!!!......
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:55 AM   #385
Registered Member
Regular

Car's gonna be ready next week. Either Monday or Tuesday I believe. I won't have a dyno video just yet cause he's only gonna tune it fit for driveabilty, then I'll put 500 miles on the motor and take it back for the real dyno. I'll have a video or two then.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT