Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Illinois Emissions testing with O/R X pipe

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BaSohol 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright...Quick question for anyone who may have an answer. I currently live in Illinois, about 30 minutes west of Chicago. Emissions is strict here, period. I'm thinking about buying a catless O/R X-pipe for my 2009 Mustang GT. I know eventually I will need to pass emissions and I know a catless X-pipe will fail. I owned a 1997 Trans Am and had my cats taken off and got a tune done by Speed INC. in Schaumburg and I passed emissions. From what I learned, they don't visually inspect, so that isn't an issue. So..........

Question 1; Will my car be WAY too loud with a Pypes catless X-pipe and Pypes Pype Bomb Axleback?

Question 2; Will a handheld tuner allow me to keep my 02 sensors 'ON' after I install a catless X-pipe?

Question 3; If no, could any of you recommend a tuner in my area that can tune me up to pass emissions after my X-pipe is installed?

Question 4; Does anyone live in Illinois with a catless X-pipe and passed emissions? How did you do it?

Thanks everybody for your time.

-Nick

See less See more
#4 ·
Did he have his car tuned by someone in the area? I don't know many Mustang shops around here that have a good reputation... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.