BBK X or Pypes X - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
BBK X or Pypes X

Well the mod bug has got me...I just installed my Pype Bomb axleback, jlt cai and a 93R bama tune. The next buy is going to be a catted X. Should I go with the bbk catted x or the pypes catted x? Prices on the Xs are the same. I'm not worried about fitment, because I'm going to have a shop do it. Does one sound better than the other? Is one more raspy? Any info would be awesome.
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
If you have Jack stands a Jack and a Breaker bar save your money and do it your self. It's not that hard. As far as which one I think the BBK is bigger. 2.75 compared to 2.5 for Pypes. I'd go with the BBK if price is the same
Old 06-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully08GT View Post
If you have Jack stands a Jack and a Breaker bar save your money and do it your self. It's not that hard. As far as which one I think the BBK is bigger. 2.75 compared to 2.5 for Pypes. I'd go with the BBK if price is the same
I agree go BBK the bigger pipe dia. and bigger hi flow cats will help the exhaust flow
Also were the pypes X pipe mounts the cats you will need o2 extentions so the pypes X will cost you a little more once you get the extra parts you will need

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The bbk fits and sounds much better than the pypes IMO bit you will need the o2 extenders with the bbk also
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099
Well the mod bug has got me...I just installed my Pype Bomb axleback, jlt cai and a 93R bama tune. The next buy is going to be a catted X. Should I go with the bbk catted x or the pypes catted x? Prices on the Xs are the same. I'm not worried about fitment, because I'm going to have a shop do it. Does one sound better than the other? Is one more raspy? Any info would be awesome.
Go bbk, they sound better, also it sounds cooler when u say u have a "bbk" x pipe
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Bbk no doubt

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
The bbk fits and sounds much better than the pypes IMO bit you will need the o2 extenders with the bbk also
OK I did not think you needed the 02 extenders for the BBK X that's good to know
I plan to have the BBK shorty's and catted X before the end of this summer

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

To those that responded, thank you. Looks like the BBK catted X gets the top vote.
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
You should get long tube headers with a BBK catted x pipe, you'll get way more bang for your buck.
Caster Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post
To those that responded, thank you. Looks like the BBK catted X gets the top vote.
Langer1099,

Great choice! The largest 2.75" diameter is nice for a little more power down the road. Not sure if you're thinking about supercharging, but it's not out of the picture with this mid-pipe!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT