J&M Rear Lower Control Arms - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
J&M Rear Lower Control Arms

I know I've been asking questions left and right lately...I have also been searching, but sometimes have no luck. I'm thinking about biting on these rear lower control arms for my 09 gt. The roads around Chicago just suck and it seems like my car has awful wheel hop. Excluding the price of the LCAs, (which are $100 for the pair) (J&M Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms (05-14 All) 23861B - Free Shipping!) how much should a fair shop charge me to install these? I've heard people saying they had them installed in 45 minutes, so I'm assuming a shop install shouldn't be too expensive?

Thanks everyone
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Langer1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
just do them youself, super simple! mine took me about 30 minutes on both side with air tools and explaning things to my five year old
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer1099 View Post
I know I've been asking questions left and right lately...I have also been searching, but sometimes have no luck. I'm thinking about biting on these rear lower control arms for my 09 gt. The roads around Chicago just suck and it seems like my car has awful wheel hop. Excluding the price of the LCAs, (which are $100 for the pair) (J&M Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms (05-14 All) 23861B - Free Shipping!) how much should a fair shop charge me to install these? I've heard people saying they had them installed in 45 minutes, so I'm assuming a shop install shouldn't be too expensive?

Thanks everyone
Ask as many questions you need bro that's the point of the site ya'know I Learn somethin everyday from somebody else's question ? Lol
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Get some beers and ill help, did mine in 35 mins, the relocation brackets took longer, but the best thing that cured my wheel hop was ford racing K springs

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Doesn't seem like too hard of a job... Maybe I will try and tackle it myself. I did the axleback and cold air with minimal problems. If I wanted to install these LCAs, would I need relocation brackets? Or would I only need relocation brackets if I lowered the car?

@Basohol...I see you're from Illinois man, where at?

Thanks again guys
2009 Mustang GT Premium; FRRP 4.10 Gears, J&M Lower Control Arms, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Pypes M80 Mid Mufflers, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back, JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, Black Decklid Panel, Weathertech Mats, SVE Shifter and Shorty Antenna.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

relocation brackets are a must if you plan on lowering the car. it'll correct the angle of the lcas.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It seems like lowering the car costs a pretty good amount of money....Requires new relocation brackets, springs and an alignment? (and potentially a shop install if you don't do it yourself) The aftermarker LCAs don't need relocation brackets though right? Those just bolt up and thats it eh?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in Joliet area, lowering your car, you only need springs, that's all I did for a year then I got relocation brackets, and that's all

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, cool. Thanks for the info boys, it helps a lot. I have been an Fbody guy for so many years...I finally took this route and so far I'm really happy. Now to cure this mod fever....
Old 06-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

haha welcome to the Ford side! and yeah the mod fever never really subsides... I've been telling my girl for month just one last piece and I'm done for the rest of the year....
Old 06-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Langer1099,

Good call on installing the LCA's yourself. It's a somewhat simple process that will save you some cash and you'll be proud to have worked on your Mustang!

To make things ever easier, follow this step-by-step instructions from J&M. They're from the installation tab on our AM site. This should cover everything you need.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be happy with the outcome!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I just dropped $800 total into lowering my GT I did the FRPP-P springs 1" drop ft & rear the GT500 strut mounts, ( my stock mounts fell apart when I took them apart from the stock strut and my car only has 20K miles) I also replaced the Struts and shocks was not my plan at the time but when I disassembled the struts the drivers side strut was showing signs of going bad leaking oil and easy to collapse and slow to spring back up with only 20K miles on the car I was not expecting that so I went to Advance and got OEM replacement Monroes . I also installed a J&M adjustable panhard bar very nice pice after seeing this part I plan to pick up the J&M lower control arms soon.
Last thing I installed were 1" hudcentric wheel spacers front and rear I went with spacers because I did not want to drop 2K into wheels and tires (Staggered set-up) The spacers pushed my stock 18" Fanblades out to almost the edge of the fender lip. I did the install myself took me the better part of a sat. So I guess what I'm getting at is plan ahead when you start to work on lowering your car you cant always get away with doing it cheep
here is a pic of the end results
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	115755   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	115756  

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
I just dropped $800 total into lowering my GT I did the FRPP-P springs 1" drop ft & rear the GT500 strut mounts, ( my stock mounts fell apart when I took them apart from the stock strut and my car only has 20K miles) I also replaced the Struts and shocks was not my plan at the time but when I disassembled the struts the drivers side strut was showing signs of going bad leaking oil and easy to collapse and slow to spring back up with only 20K miles on the car I was not expecting that so I went to Advance and got OEM replacement Monroes . I also installed a J&M adjustable panhard bar very nice pice after seeing this part I plan to pick up the J&M lower control arms soon.
Last thing I installed were 1" hudcentric wheel spacers front and rear I went with spacers because I did not want to drop 2K into wheels and tires (Staggered set-up) The spacers pushed my stock 18" Fanblades out to almost the edge of the fender lip. I did the install myself took me the better part of a sat. So I guess what I'm getting at is plan ahead when you start to work on lowering your car you cant always get away with doing it cheep
here is a pic of the end results
looks good man, I plan on lowering mine with my sr springs in the next couple of days when I can finally work on my own car haha. How's those monroes working out for ya. I'm pretty sure I'll need to replace my shocks and struts as well and I get a 35 percent discount at advanced auto!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 610swolf View Post
looks good man, I plan on lowering mine with my sr springs in the next couple of days when I can finally work on my own car haha. How's those monroes working out for ya. I'm pretty sure I'll need to replace my shocks and struts as well and I get a 35 percent discount at advanced auto!
Real good the new springs and struts/shocks really firmed up the ride of the car its not harsh just fells tight and planted to the road I'm very happy with the Monroes

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT