New Pioneer speakers installed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
New Pioneer speakers installed

Well I finally got around to installing some new speakers in my GT today they are
Pioneer TS-D6802R 6x8 co-axle speakers and are direct fit was a super easy install
and all I can say is WOW what an improvement over the stock speakers I don't have the Shacker sys in my GT so anything is an improvement took less then 2 hrs start to finish to install all 4 speakers I also picked up the adapter plugs so the wiring was plug and play pice of cake here are some pics total cost $160
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	116970   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	116971  

Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	116972   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	116973  

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
Well I finally got around to installing some new speakers in my GT today they are
Pioneer TS-D6802R 6x8 co-axle speakers and are direct fit was a super easy install
and all I can say is WOW what an improvement over the stock speakers I don't have the Shacker sys in my GT so anything is an improvement took less then 2 hrs start to finish to install all 4 speakers I also picked up the adapter plugs so the wiring was plug and play pice of cake here are some pics total cost $160
Nice! I'm in desperate need of updating my car's speakers as well. The stock ones are quite horrible if you've heard anything else.

Where did you buy the speakers and adapter plugs?
BatmanUriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I ordered them off of Amazon free shipping just do a google search for TS-D6802R I got them 1/2 price off of list a pr. I got the wire plug adapters off of Amazon also they are pt#
72-5600 and are made by Metra

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Right on. Thanks for the info.
BatmanUriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I need a newer setup too.

I got a set of subs and an amp but i dont need dual 12's. i like an even amount of bass and be able to hear the words whenever i do listen to music.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well I can tell you these Pioneers really ROCK I've been out riding around all afternoon and I had to adj the base down a little I could feel the door panels vibrating from the base they are super clear and crisp!!!!!! I feel like going out to the garage and sitting in the Mustang and cranking up the tunes LOL

Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Sweet good info to know! I need to get new speakers too! The factory ones just sound like pure ****! Lol
Old 08-07-2014, 04:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post
Sweet good info to know! I need to get new speakers too! The factory ones just sound like pure ****! Lol
I actually just bought a set of 4 of these and should be getting them tomorrow. Cant wait to install them!!!!
mattk08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT