Header install is done - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Header install is done

Well I spent the day installing some Pypes shortie headers took me about 10 hrs
by myself I took my time reused most of the stock hardware were I could the stock
studs use lock nuts I liked that much better then the bolts that came with the headers.
It was a pretty easy install I removed the starter and motor mounts and jacked up the engine after that I had all kinds of room the install the headers.
I still have a BBK catted X pipe to install tomorrow I left it off to give me some more room to install the new Hurst shifter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	119607   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	119608  

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	119609   Click image for larger version

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	119610  

Name:	010.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	119611  

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Damn 10 hours tho lol
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I feel for ya brother me and my dad spent 2 days installing longtube headers on my bullitt
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
by myself I took my time reused most of the stock hardware were I could the stock
studs use lock nuts I liked that much better then the bolts that came with the headers.
It was a pretty easy install I removed the starter and motor mounts and jacked up the engine after that I had all kinds of room the install the headers.
I still have a BBK catted X pipe to install tomorrow I left it off to give me some more room to install the new Hurst shifter
Nice man! I gotta ask though, why shorties?
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
Nice man! I gotta ask though, why shorties?
I live in a state that dose regular emissions testing so I wanted to keep all my o2 sensor and cats in the stock locations
I just wanted to open up the exhaust for better flow I plan to make all the HP I will need when I install a supercharger down the road.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Damn 10 hours tho lol
All in all I tought it was a fairly easy job Im 55 years old and don't move that fast anymore plus I take a lot of breaks LOL

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
Old 08-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

oh my...

I did the jba equal length headers and prothane bullet poly mounts, took me 9hrs with a lift ... that was the most shi# job ever on a lift..... I am glad I did it, but bolt on mine were covered by pipes and I will never do it again..... until next time.
People who have not installed headers on their s197 should have to salute us when we drive by them. And that's the bottom line.
dr.gsxr1000nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemar View Post
Did your kit have new gaskets, did you use the old ones or get a little liquid gasket?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Use the fms ones with copper spray.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Did your kit have new gaskets, did you use the old ones or get a little liquid gasket?
The Pypes shorties came with gaskets and hardware bolts I did use the new gaskets that came with the headers but only some of the bolts I reused most of the stock studs with the factory lock nuts they tend to stay tight

Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I try to only keep no more than one stud per side to hold things up during install......
Reason being, if you have to ever replace a gasket, pull the bolts and slide it in.
Studs make it a bit more work to get the gasket in there...
I have the jba cat4ward equal length ceramic headers and they are tight, not to mention you are trying to not scratch the coating off.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT