ordered tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
ordered tuner

Well I just pulled the trigger on a tuner for my car I was holding off was going to wait but I want to install new rear gears here soon so I desided to just go ahead and bite the bullet I ordered a new SCT SF3/X3 from AM with the free tunes for life from BAMA
Now I guess I will just have to add more mods thinking maybe those Steeda CMD plugs I have an 09 so I can't do the plates and hopefully by this time next year or sooner I will have a supercharger looking real hard at the Paxton throwback set-up from Brenspeed

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I did the same thing and I love how much it woke up the car. One thing I did notice (I am not trying to hijack your thread), however the fan seems to run a lot more. I did read that this is normal when running a tune (threads on other forums going back a year or two), so just be on the lookout to hear the fans running more often.

Congrats and enjoy! You will not be disappointed!
2008 GT/CS - {SLP Loudmouth Axle Back Exhaust- SR Strut Tower Brace - Raxiom Sequential Tail Light Kit - C&L Street CAI - Bama Tune - FRPP Lowering Springs - FRPP Rear Sway Bar - FRPP Struts & Shocks - BMR TCA032 LCAs}
jellyroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
THANKS for talking about that fan on all the time. I thought i was the only one. Did not like fan on all the time. Played with the tuner for a day and figured it out. Just go in to your fan setting and set low fan to 214 F (stock is 216 F). If you set at 216 F like tune is set for fan will turn on at 195 F and stays on all the time. Not to good.And set hi fan at 226 F ( stock is 228). I don't know wy they do that.Fan will turn on like before.
montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks thats good info to know I wonder what is changed to make the fans come on so often???

Pypes shorties, BBK catted X, Flowmaster Pro's, K&N CAI, FRPP- P springs, Steeda UCA, J&M Panhard bar, Hurst Comp plus, FR500 Wheels W/NITTO's , SCT SF3 W/BAMA 93 Race tune, Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, chin spoiler, Eleanor style grill, GT500 rear spoiler
stemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I saw a post from Chris (I think) from American Muscle. This is just the way Bama sets up the tune. I don't see any issues with it, but I am going to ask in a few weeks at the show in August.

Anyway enjoy the tune. It really did wake the car up.
2008 GT/CS - {SLP Loudmouth Axle Back Exhaust- SR Strut Tower Brace - Raxiom Sequential Tail Light Kit - C&L Street CAI - Bama Tune - FRPP Lowering Springs - FRPP Rear Sway Bar - FRPP Struts & Shocks - BMR TCA032 LCAs}
jellyroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Good for racing or supercharger. Helps engine from overheating . Not good for every day driving like me. Normal engine temp should be between 202 F and 218F. Low fan turns on at 216 F turns off at 206F. If running 20 degree colder like the s.c.t tune does it is not good. The motor is not running at normal engine temp like it was designed for.
montreal is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT