Mgp caliper covers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Mgp caliper covers

Okay so I attempted to put mgp caliper covers on my 07 gt and they scrapped badly against the rim and they all got scratched pretty bad and now I can't return them... I'm getting wheel spacers and extended lugs and having them put back on the right way... my question is though do they sell any sort Of touch up paint to cover the scratches ????
Kochieey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I had the same problem with mine but was able to return them. why not contact the company and tell them how it's scratching parts of the car ? or have you done that
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

No I didn't attempt to call them bc they were bought back in the winter from American muscle and now they are scratched up and parts of them are filed down bc I tried to bend them so they won't rub but that didnt really work out so I bent them for no reason...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochieey View Post
No I didn't attempt to call them bc they were bought back in the winter from American muscle and now they are scratched up and parts of them are filed down bc I tried to bend them so they won't rub but that didnt really work out so I bent them for no reason...
I had mine for several months trying to fix them, taking them on/off, shaving them down etc but I kept telling American muscle what was going on. they shipped me a second pair still didn't work on my car and after a solid 2-3 month attempt I got a full refund. won't hurt to try, worst answer you'll hear is a No lol
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Alright that's true lol I will call tomorrow and attempt to return them thanks
Old 11-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #6

Region: Louisiana
I have a 14 Gt. I put the back one on first and could tell it was going to rub. I thought I was doing something wrong so I called the tech line number on the directions to MGP. She told me that sometimes you need 3mm wheel spacers. I told her they didn't disclose that to me at American Muscle. So she sent me a set of wheel spacers at no charge. Has anyone had any problems with running wheel spacers? I'm only talking about 3mm. Just enough so the covers don't rub. They seem thin and not too strong. I guess with the wheels tight it shouldn't matter.
Exmotocrosser is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT